Windows 10: Printer not working since Windows Update 12 June 20

Discus and support Printer not working since Windows Update 12 June 20 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My printer is a Brother MFC-6490CW and has always worked perfectly until yesterday after the latest Windows Update took place. I can no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jill Harward, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Printer not working since Windows Update 12 June 20

Hi,

My printer is a Brother MFC-6490CW and has always worked perfectly until yesterday after the latest Windows Update took place. I can no longer print, everything just disappears after hitting 'print' key never to be seen again. I have checked all settings many times, I have uninstalled printer drivers and re-installed, again, several times. I have worked my way through many comments on this forum and seen that for some people uninstalling update KB4560960 can resolve the problem. I tried this yesterday too and it did work. Unfortunately as soon as I logged out the updates were automatically installed again and this morning can no longer print again.

So I tried again to uninstall this update but this time I get an error message 'An error occurred. Not all of the updates were successfully uninstalled'.

I then saw somewhere lost track of the number of searches I've made to find a way around this' that this could be uninstalled via cmd as an administrator by enteringwusa /uninstall /KB:4560960 /quiet /promptrestart but that did not work either - I am in the UK so tried again entering wuk instead but that was not recognised either.

on further investigation I can see Microsoft are now aware there is an issue but as we do not have any idea how long it will take for them to fix this, has anyone any advice on a workaround that would work for now until a patch is ready?

I really am very grateful to any of you who can help.

thanks, Jill

:)

Jill Harward, Jun 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2020
  3. MAB2005 Win User
    Printer not working after required Windows 10 update

1. Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3119147) successfully installed 12/20/2015

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) Successfully installed 12/20/2005

2. Toshiba Satellite C55 with Windows 10

Printer - OKI C5500

Printer was working fine before last update. After this update, I could not even find the printer listed.

3. Error message while trying to print.

MAB2005, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Printer not working since Windows Update 12 June 20

DirectX June Update

Microsoft has released an updated version of DirectX for June, although it isn’t clear whether the update is just for DirectX 9.0c or for DirectX 10 on Vista as well. Regardless of this, it is still recommended that Vista users update their systems because Vista will benefit from any DirectX 9.0c fixes when playing DirectX 9 games. The web installer is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), whilst the redistributable version will also work with Vista. The download links are listed below:
    • Web installer for Windows 2000, XP and 2003: download [44KB - 41.4MB]
    • Redistributable installer for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista: download [53.6MB]

Jimmy 2004, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Printer not working since Windows Update 12 June 20

1. Printer not working since Windows Update 12 June 20 - Similar Threads - Printer working since

2. Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver: My screensaver disappeared with the latest update. Where did you send it and why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-121420-lost-my-screensaver/f9b392d4-2cfe-4b41-a52d-c014cd7d7caf
  3. Microsoft Update 11/12/20 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Update 11/12/20 issues: Once again I am having issues with the Word program. It is taking way too long to copy and paste again. Saving a text document is stained as well. Can someone tell me how to fix this again? Screen changing is lagging all the time! Thanks...
  4. Since Windows update my printer hasn’t been working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Since Windows update my printer hasn’t been working: I have HP printer. This issue occurred after the last update and I cannot print out documents from my Windows 10 laptop. However I can print them from another computer. That’s why I think the problem is with my Windows 10 PC...
  5. Brother printer not working following June 9, 2020 Windows update. Is there a patch...

Brother printer not working following June 9, 2020 Windows update. Is there a patch...: I need to get my Brother printer working following the June 9, 2020 Windows 10 update. Is there an easy remedy available? Is the promised patch ready for installation to overcome this?...
  6. Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update: Any advice to get my printer working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-cw255-printer-not-working-since-last/590c50dc-c929-4838-96d5-4435bb9e0901
  7. Windows Update June 12, Printer wont Print

Windows Update June 12, Printer wont Print: I have a Brother DCP-J125 Printer. It still scans, but wont print after the Windows KB4560960 update. How do I install the KB4567512 Resolution I have uninstalled and re installed the driver for the printer. When I go to Settings to add a new printer, its not there....
  8. FIXED printer stopped working after update 10/June 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIXED printer stopped working after update 10/June 2020: Rolled back update and now printer works perfectly. How will we know when the patch to fix this problem is released and that it is safe to update?...
  9. No Office 2010 Updates Since June?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    No Office 2010 Updates Since June?: Please see No Office 2010 Updates Since June? 116672
  10. No Office 2010 Updates Since June?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Office 2010 Updates Since June?: My laptop is receiving Windows updates fine. I just noticed I've received no Office 2010 updates since June yet some have been issued and the option "Give me updates for other MS products ..." is selected. How do I check / reset the settings for Office 2010 updates? 116668