Windows 10: printer not working win10pro 1909 x64

Discus and support printer not working win10pro 1909 x64 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read and followed all steps in the reply by Prakhar_Khare several times and all to no avail .the printer is an hp photosmart 8100 which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pj6x, Feb 24, 2020.

1. pj6x Win User

printer not working win10pro 1909 x64

I have read and followed all steps in the reply by
    Prakhar_Khare several times
    and all to no avail .the printer is an hp photosmart 8100 which was working fine until latest update feb18th . The test print page is correctly displayed in print preview but vanishes when print is clicked with no printer action . printer is connected by usb. all registry keys are installed correct?? but windows search cannot find printer when asked. tried different usb ports both named and physical.-- now totally lost any advise please. one point port is shown as usb 001 hp 8100 but not as a virtual printer port.

:)

2. Windows 10 update November 2019 1909 - Printer issue still not resolved

My printers stopped working after the last Windows 10 update in October 2019. Unfortunately I was not able to remove the specific KB update which created the issue because it was not listed anymore after the version update...

I just installed the last 1909 release hoping that the printer issue would have been fixed but still nothing works.

I have fixed printer spooler but not even Microsoft Print to PDF works...

Any suggestion?

Ivan Franzoni, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Feb 24, 2020
  4. printer not working win10pro 1909 x64

Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

printer not working win10pro 1909 x64

1. printer not working win10pro 1909 x64 - Similar Threads - printer working win10pro

2. Over 100 Unknown Devices in Device Manger Win10Pro x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Over 100 Unknown Devices in Device Manger Win10Pro x64: Hi,Looking for some guidance please.Somehow, I have over 100 unknown devices on my computer showing in device manager.I can’t update the drivers for them as none are found, I’ve not tried every one just a random few.I have disabled them OK, and all is well, so the PC isn’t...
  3. Over 100 Unknown Devices in Device Manger Win10Pro x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Over 100 Unknown Devices in Device Manger Win10Pro x64: Hi,Looking for some guidance please.Somehow, I have over 100 unknown devices on my computer showing in device manager.I can’t update the drivers for them as none are found, I’ve not tried every one just a random few.I have disabled them OK, and all is well, so the PC isn’t...
  4. Over 100 Unknown Devices in Device Manger Win10Pro x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. software that works in my win10Home, a friends's win10Pro, but not my win10Pro, why?

software that works in my win10Home, a friends's win10Pro, but not my win10Pro, why?: Hello community, please help me out: It's about the software "mrp40 morse decoder", which automatically decodes the sound of morse code into text. I currently switched to a Dell pc, which came with win10Pro. I re-installed all software correctly, but this decoder...
  6. software works in win10Home but not win10Pro

software works in win10Home but not win10Pro: Hello community, please help me out: It's about the software "mrp40 morse decoder", which automatically decodes the sound of morse code into text. I currently switched to a Dell pc, which came with win10Pro. I re-installed all software correctly, but this decoder...
  7. Win10Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10Pro: I just bought from Discount Electronics a refurbished Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro. I can't use Advanced DISPLAY Settings because when I clicked on that link it doesn't show me anything to adjust the text and screen better, like the bold text , the brightness, the resolutions...
  8. win10pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10pro: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT this is my key for windows 10pro but now is not working why????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10pro/bc2fc63b-d83e-4f3e-b5a3-09a114de1f3e
  9. win10pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10pro upgrade: I purchased .Windows 10pro Upgrade from Win home to Windows 10 pro . It Sowing "We don't update your PC Error code 0X0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10pro-upgrade/6fffd38d-7bca-48ee-a259-06ef49081498
  10. Surface Pro 2017, Win10Pro x64: Explorer crash Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 2017, Win10Pro x64: Explorer crash Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll: Hi: I have periodic explorer crashes on my Surface Pro 2017, Win Pro x64 (it is fully updated; sfc /scannow does not reveal any integrity errors). The crash seems to occur periodically about every three to four days) after a Hello Windows log-in. It seems to involve...