Windows 10: Printer Notification for Transferred / Completed Jobs

Discus and support Printer Notification for Transferred / Completed Jobs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, How do I get notifications when a print job is complete or the data is completely transferred to my printer? Both options "Show informational... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Skybird-, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Printer Notification for Transferred / Completed Jobs

Hi,

How do I get notifications when a print job is complete or the data is completely transferred to my printer? Both options "Show informational notifications for local printers" and "Show informational notifications for network printers" under Settings / Devices / Printers & scanners / Print Server Properties / Advanced are turned on.

BTW: I do get alerts like when the paper is out or ink is low.

I'm running Windows 10 Education Version 1909 64 bit.

submitted by /u/-Skybird-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-Skybird-, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Tom-Con Win User

Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    How I can detect a waiting printer job? - make a web-request on print

To answer only that question, there usually will be a printer icon appear in the Notification Area when a print job has been sent to a printer. Opening that will list the job or maybe more than one. An issue exists with print spooling and printing is that if one job has a problem and does not complete many times adding more jobs will stall or fail, usually have to cancel that first one to get the others to work or maybe cancel all to start over.

Berton, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Printer Notification for Transferred / Completed Jobs

Printer Doesn't Complete the Process and is Stuck in Queue

Hello,

Whenever a print job is sent to the printer, a file is created in Windows 10. Sometimes these files
    become corrupt and cause problems. We suggest stopping the Printer Spoolerand delete these print job files manually. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Turn off the printer using the power button and then unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.

• Save your work. After using these steps, your current print jobs are lost and will need to be printed again.

• Open Windows Services using one of the following methods:

• Search Windows for services, and click Services in the list of results.

• Press Windows key (
        Printer Notification for Transferred / Completed Jobs c05030002.jpg
        ) + R, type services.msc in the window that opens,
        and then click OK.

• Scroll through the list of services and find the name Print Spooler.

• Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.

Printer Notification for Transferred / Completed Jobs c04608984.jpg

• After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use
      Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.

• Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.

• Shut down your computer.

• Make sure you printer has been unplugged for at least 60 seconds, and then plug the power cord into a power outlet.

• Turn on the printer using the power button on the printer.

• Turn on the computer and wait for Windows to open.

• Try printing again and note what happens.

• If the printer prints, you are done.

• If the print job becomes stuck again, continue to the next step.

Once done with the steps, let us know the results.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Printer Notification for Transferred / Completed Jobs

1. Printer Notification for Transferred / Completed Jobs - Similar Threads - Printer Notification Transferred

2. LPDSVC periodically stops accepting printer jobs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LPDSVC periodically stops accepting printer jobs: Hello. I'm having a weird problem with LPR-compatible network printing in Windows. So, I have a machine running Windows 10 Professional, which is named COMP62, and its IP address is 192.168.1.62 . This machine has IPv6 disabled. It has LPDSVC installed and is used as...
  3. LPDSVC periodically stops accepting printer jobs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LPDSVC periodically stops accepting printer jobs: Hello. I'm having a weird problem with LPR-compatible network printing in Windows. So, I have a machine running Windows 10 Professional, which is named COMP62, and its IP address is 192.168.1.62 . This machine has IPv6 disabled. It has LPDSVC installed and is used as...
  4. Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job: I have installed my HP MFP274n on my Desktop and all of my laptops in my offices.Printer is connected via networking cable to my Desktop.I shared my printer from my desktop to all.Laptop A, Laptop B and Laptop CLaptop A and B are working fine on sharing printer, We are...
  5. Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job: I have installed my HP MFP274n on my Desktop and all of my laptops in my offices.Printer is connected via networking cable to my Desktop.I shared my printer from my desktop to all.Laptop A, Laptop B and Laptop CLaptop A and B are working fine on sharing printer, We are...
  6. Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs

Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs: Hello,I have an office of 15 recently purchased Dell PCs on fully updated Windows 10 Pro that are suddenly, as of the last month or two, unable to print complete print jobs on Panasonic KX-P3626 dot matrix printers. The printers print ~95% of the job then suddenly stop and...
  8. Print spool service running, jobs show complete then disappear nothing prints on all printers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print spool service running, jobs show complete then disappear nothing prints on all printers: Hi My printer is hard lined on my network with all functionality from the PC. Adobe PDF Converteron Documents\*.pdf HP DJ 2600 series PCL-3on WSD-**** I got an outside printer to test same issues. Any other PC, laptop, phone, table all can print on the network except this...
  9. Win10 - how to queue a job to an offline printer?

Win10 - how to queue a job to an offline printer?: When I am away from my wifi printer, how can I print to the "offline" printer? How can I queue jobs to the printer and have them print when I re-connect to my printer? (This print queue function used to exist in previous versions of Windows.) I have upgraded my PC to WIn10...
  10. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer': We have a Windows Server 2012 R@ Datacenter 64-bit and as a part we installed print server services. After a successful print the job remains in the print queue with the status of Sent to Printer. I can manually delete the print job from the queue or stop the print...