Windows 10: printer offline and print spooler errors

Discus and support printer offline and print spooler errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; recent updates have caused problems printing Is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TLWhite1, Aug 26, 2020.

1. TLWhite1 Win User

printer offline and print spooler errors

recent updates have caused problems printing Is there a fix?

:)

TLWhite1, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Reenieuo Win User
    Print Spooler Error 1068

I followed the steps you provided. When I get to the general the spooler status is stopped, when I try to start

and automatic is selected the Error 1068. If I try to update through HP, it stated that the spooler is not running.

Reenieuo, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Matt.b483 Win User

Print spooler error

When is microsoft going to fix this problem with the print spooler? I manage 40 windows 10 pc's for my work and i am constantly running around resetting the print spooler because windows 10 pro 64b willloose communication with the printers and yes i say
    printers because this is a common thing with all 4 brands of printers we have. Hp , cannon, brother, toshiba only 2 are wifi and computers are all hardwired into the network printers range from wifi to usb to ethernet connected. And every windows 10 pc will
    set the printers to offline and the only way to fix is resetting the print spooler service. I have updated all os's i have latest drivers for all printers. And not every computer will have an issue at the same time even the usb printers will say printer offline
    but in the device manager it will be listed. So the problem must be with the print spooler service and this annoying problem needs to be fixed because its wasting my time.

Matt.b483, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. printer offline and print spooler errors - Similar Threads - printer offline print

2. Print spooler error 808

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print spooler error 808: Hi everybody,HELP !I keep getting crashes and then discover Print Spooler Error 808.None of the usual fixes work.I have now found in Event Viewer "click Applications and Services Logs --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Print Service --> Operational"The print spooler failed to load...
  3. Print spooler error 808

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print spooler error 808: Hi everybody,HELP !I keep getting crashes and then discover Print Spooler Error 808.None of the usual fixes work.I have now found in Event Viewer "click Applications and Services Logs --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Print Service --> Operational"The print spooler failed to load...
  4. Print spooler error 808

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 20H2 - All Printers Offline - Need to Restart Print Spooler Every Time to Print

Windows 20H2 - All Printers Offline - Need to Restart Print Spooler Every Time to Print: Hi I updated to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 through the Windows 10 October 2020 Update Assistant. Every since, whenever I go to print something, I find the printers are offline and won't print. The only way to get something to print is to go to Services and restart the Print...
  6. printer spooler error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer spooler error: I have a printer spooler error, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler-error/1bd87395-dfde-4641-bc36-89a2e3a81ce3
  7. Print spooler errors with and will not print documents

Print spooler errors with and will not print documents: The windows 10 print spooler error whenever I attempt to print. The printer has been working for a couple of years. I have reinstalled the printer and run all of the trouble shooters from HP and on Windows. The Event log is displaying the following error, whenever I...
  8. Print spooler error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print spooler error: When is microsoft going to fix this problem with the print spooler? I manage 40 windows 10 pc's for my work and i am constantly running around resetting the print spooler because windows 10 pro 64b willloose communication with the printers and yes i say printers because this...

Unable to print Printer is Offline: Hi all. I recently purchased an HP laptop which supports Windows 10. I am having issues in trying to print while online. My HP3830 Office Jet appears to be online. However my laptop and printer aren't syncing. I have already tried a YouTube video which recommended me to...
  10. Print spooler with HP Printer

Print spooler with HP Printer: My Notebook cannot print any longer on HP. I still can with Brother. It seems an issue relevant to the spooler. All updates done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler-with-hp-printer/d69e37c8-a7fa-4744-a77e-9a95d8198faf