Windows 10: Printer offline since windows KB4524147 update

Discus and support Printer offline since windows KB4524147 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since KB452147 update my printer now says offline, works fine with my laptop (not updated), the uninstall option is not there for this update, option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MCFCCTID, Oct 14, 2019.

1. MCFCCTID Win User

Printer offline since windows KB4524147 update

Since KB452147 update my printer now says offline, works fine with my laptop (not updated), the uninstall option is not there for this update, option for certain other updates to uninstall are there so not a admin rights problem, can anyone help.

I have tried uninstalling driver and reinstalling every way imaginable still no luck, sometimes I will also get the device saying driver unavailable.

Thanks.

:)

MCFCCTID, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Akperry Win User

KB4524147 Printer spooler issues

Update....Based on Microsoft notes , installed KB4517389 which was to correct KB4524147 print problems. As with KB4524147, print spooler places printer in offline mode whenever print job executed. Noted that when print job executed, spooler call to
    active device directory results in directory in use and not available resulting in printer being noted as offline. Removed KB451739 and all print jobs print normally.

Akperry, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Akperry Win User
    KB4524147 Printer spooler issues

Running windows 10 Home with1903 installed. Update kb4524147 install resulted in print spooler placing printer permanently in offline mode whenever printer job is executed. Stopped spooler, cleared spooler files, restarted spooler.....results in printer
    showing in idle mode UNTIL a file is sent to printer when the printer reverts to offline mode. Removed kb4524147 and all jobs print normally.

Akperry, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Both printers register offline for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Resetting the power to your printer is a quick way to reset the printing system and prepare for further troubleshooting if necessary.

• If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer:

• If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.

• If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

• Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.

• If you are using a USB cable or network cable, make sure that the cable has not become disconnected or damaged.

• Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.

• Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

• Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

• If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

• Try to print.

• If you can print, the printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.

• If the printer cannot print and remains offline, continue to the next step.

Jessen P, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Printer offline since windows KB4524147 update - Similar Threads - Printer offline since

2. Printer offline since modem was changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer offline since modem was changed: My printer has gone offline and I tried turning off and on, restarting spooler, taking it off and putting it back. Can't get it back n line since I got a new modem from my ISP...
  3. Printer offline since modem was changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer offline since modem was changed: My printer has gone offline and I tried turning off and on, restarting spooler, taking it off and putting it back. Can't get it back n line since I got a new modem from my ISP...
  4. Unable to uninstall KB4524147 Printer always offline HP Officejet 5320

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall KB4524147 Printer always offline HP Officejet 5320: Since KB452147 update my printer now says offline, works fine with my laptop (not updated), the uninstall option is not there for this update, option for certain other updates to uninstall are there so not a admin rights problem, can anyone help. I have tried uninstalling...
  5. latest updates KB4517389 and KB4524147

latest updates KB4517389 and KB4524147: My laptop has been working fine UNTIL these last two updates were installed, now it doesn't want to boot and once it does it runs so slowly that I am seriously thinking of switching to APPLE. What's going on here and what can I do about it?...
  6. KB4524147 Printer spooler issues

KB4524147 Printer spooler issues: Running windows 10 Home with1903 installed. Update kb4524147 install resulted in print spooler placing printer permanently in offline mode whenever printer job is executed. Stopped spooler, cleared spooler files, restarted spooler.....results in printer showing in idle mode...
  7. Windows 10 Cumulative Update 10/4/2019 (KB4524147) stops printers

Windows 10 Cumulative Update 10/4/2019 (KB4524147) stops printers: After 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 based systems (KB4524147) was installed I could not print on any printer, local or remote. I get a "no printers installed" error but all my printers are visible in my settings menu. When I try to print I get...
  8. KB4524147

KB4524147: I've red some post from users having problems with KB4524147 In my case the KB4524147 break the dns resolution in combination of using open VPN. After installing the update, reboot and connected to my company via ovpn i see my dns server and can rosolve names, a few...
  9. KB4524147 Update Breaks Windows Search

in Cortana
    KB4524147 Update Breaks Windows Search: After installing this update Windows search is not working - can't even type anything into the search box. After uninstalling the update Search returns to normal operation. I did not experience any Start menu problems, just with Windows search. So apparently we still have...
  10. KB4524147 After install no printer would work.

KB4524147 After install no printer would work.: After installing KB4524147 all of my installed printers were removed. Unable to install printers. Restarted pc, restarted print spooler, still unable to add printer. Uninstalled KB4524147 rebooted and printers are back and I'm able to print again....
Tags: