Windows 10: printer offline

Discus and support printer offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I get my printer online? Be gentle, I am not a computer wizard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by diannemcneely, Jan 13, 2020.

1. printer offline

How can I get my printer online? Be gentle, I am not a computer wizard.

:)

diannemcneely, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Printer offline

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below question:

• Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

Printer will continually switch itself to offline mode due to an IP port issue. To keep the printer from switching to offline mode, you must validate the printer's IP address.

Meanwhile, please follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Devices and printers.
    4. Select the HP Printer 2540, right click on it.
    5. Uncheck the option use printer offline and select
      properties.
    6. Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
    7. Click on "Configure Port"
    8. Check that the "Printer Name or IP address:" box is the same as the IP of your printer.

You can also refer this link for more information
    about Printer issues.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Jacko28er Win User
    Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

printer offline

Both printers register offline for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Resetting the power to your printer is a quick way to reset the printing system and prepare for further troubleshooting if necessary.

• If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer:

• If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.

• If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

• Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.

• If you are using a USB cable or network cable, make sure that the cable has not become disconnected or damaged.

• Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.

• Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

• Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

• If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

• Try to print.

• If you can print, the printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.

• If the printer cannot print and remains offline, continue to the next step.

Jessen P, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

printer offline

1. printer offline - Similar Threads - printer offline

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  4. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  5. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  6. Printer Offline - need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Offline - need help: Need helpThe printer offline is not responsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-need-help/c0f823d9-d414-4842-884f-66e436f071f2
  7. Printer Offline - need help

Printer Offline - need help: Need helpThe printer offline is not responsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-need-help/c0f823d9-d414-4842-884f-66e436f071f2
  8. Printer Offline - need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  10. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....