Windows 10: Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ?

Discus and support Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello again everyone. My issue is with a printer on my LAN that my new laptop doesn't see or discover. I've run all the diagnostics to no avail. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElliotLake69, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ?

Hello again everyone. My issue is with a printer on my LAN that my new laptop doesn't see or discover. I've run all the diagnostics to no avail. I know there is a switch on this PC to enable discovering this printer but....you know...every so often I have re-do every setup again when using a new device. SO tiresome but such is life...ANy hints would be much appreciated. THis question of mine was posted a couple of years ago regarding another PC of mine and there was an answer but I can't find my original question ?

Best Regards Ell

:)

ElliotLake69, Mar 3, 2020

2. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Mar 3, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ?

Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ?

1. Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ? - Similar Threads - Printer LAN recognized

2. two machines cannot be seen on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two machines cannot be seen on LAN: Yet both can see and browse files ok. One of then is running Win10 and the other XP. I can't see either when I try and remap the drives. I ran the networking diagnosis but it didn't help. Just seemed to happen out of the blue. Any help appreciated. 175410
  3. Lan cable is not recognized

Lan cable is not recognized: I have a problem with my internet. I see that I have not plugged in a LAN cable, although I plugged one in. I've already tried to reinstall the network adapter and the driver. It did not work. What should I do?...
  4. one of my win10 PC is not seen on my LAN

one of my win10 PC is not seen on my LAN: I have 4 pc on my lan, I only see 2 of them. I wanted to share a folder, but this pc is not visible to the LAN, I made sure advanced network sharing is all set to on. Went through 4 services mention on a video set to to automatic, reboot, still not on the LAN. I can access...
  5. How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?: Well it is not a stand alone LAN printer - it is in fact a HP 3015 USB attached to a computer on the LAN. But it has always been shared across the lan and usable from anywhere. MS kindly updated the printer machine and now it cannot be seen across the lan. I try to get it...
  6. How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?: Well it is not a stand alone LAN printer - it is in fact a HP 3015 USB attached to a computer on the LAN. But it has always been shared across the lan and usable from anywhere. MS kindly updated the printer machine and now it cannot be seen across the lan. I try to get it...
  7. printer on wireless lan

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  8. Printer seen as offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer seen as offline: Hi, Windows 10 on my laptop sees my printer offline, even if it's turned on since quite a while and I've already used it from other computers on my home network after turning it on. This happens pretty frequently, sometimes restarting the laptop updates the printer status,...
  9. How To Get Seen on the Lan.

How To Get Seen on the Lan.: win10 ver 1909 build 18363.476 If there's clear simple instructions somewhere I haven't been able to find them. Problem is my computer can't be seen on the LAN. It can see other computers. But they can't see it. something needs switching on somewhere.... what? where? 145289
  10. How To Get Seen on the Lan.

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Get Seen on the Lan.: win10 ver 1909 build 18363.476 If there's clear simple instructions somewhere I haven't been able to find them. Problem is my computer can't be seen on the LAN. It can see other computers. But they can't see it. something needs switching on somewhere.... what? where? 145289