Windows 10: printer on wireless lan

Discus and support printer on wireless lan in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lampclock, Sep 24, 2020.

1. lampclock Win User

printer on wireless lan

I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan.

so did the lan.

found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to auto required services and my computers came back.

but I don't remember him saying anything about printers and printers haven't come back and I can't find his video any more either...

but I think that's probably the problem and all web pages offering help are still stuck in the past and telling us enable sharing and such...

anyone here with the required expertise...… please?

:)

lampclock, Sep 24, 2020

2. in windows 10 how do i turn on my wireless printer

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the printer and the computer?

As you have mentioned that “I cannot turn on my wireless printer. it says my radio is off”
    which means the wireless button might not have turned ‘ON’ on your printer.

So I suggest you to check for the wireless button on the printer and turn it ‘ON’ then follow the below steps to ‘ADD’ the wireless printer on your computer and connect it, check if it helps.

• In the Search box type as ‘Device and Printers’.
    • Click on ‘Add a printer’ you will find the wireless printer is displayed on your computer.
    • Click on the printer and click on ‘Next’.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction and connect the computer and printer.

If still you are facing issue in connecting the wireless printer then I suggest you to refer to the printer manual and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    Wireless Printer Problem

Hi,

Thank you for providing details about your concern. Just to verify, have you tried performing a wireless connectivity test on your printer? If not yet, you can read the instructions that came with the printer or check the printer manufacturer’s
    website for instructions on how to do this.

We also suggest running the printing troubleshooter. It can fix problems with installing and connecting to a printer. To use this:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter.
    • Click Troubleshooting from the list of results.
    • Click Use a printer under Hardware and Sound.
    • The Printer troubleshooter will begin. Select Next and follow the steps in the wizard to find and fix problems with the printer.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Kris Ver, Sep 24, 2020
  4. printer on wireless lan

wireless printer

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 driver?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL345...

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

Gather the following items:

Network name: The network name is the SSID.

Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

A computer that is connected to the wireless network

Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

note:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 2: Connect your wireless printer to a wireless network

Connect your printer to your wireless network using the following steps.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 3: Download and install the printer software

Andre Da Costa, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

printer on wireless lan

1. printer on wireless lan - Similar Threads - printer wireless lan

2. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  3. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  4. Wake On Wireless Lan not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake On Wireless Lan not working: Hello there, I am trying to remotely startup my computer using another wifi connection, my PC uses a wifi card also. The problem is that altough I enabled the wake on lan option on my BIOS and on my wifi card through device manager, the PC doesn't respond to the magic...
  5. Wake on Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on Wireless Lan: Is there a way to set up my computer to wake u from wireless lan? I am running windows 10 but nowhere near an ethernet port, and would like to be able to do the regular WOL abilities. Another question I haven't been able to find anywhere, is it possible to turn on my...
  6. Printer setup on LAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer setup on LAN: Setting up Canon MX492 on my LAN. Follow the menu and printer says 'connected'. Then display goes back to wireless LAN setup and I cannot find a way to get out of setup mode. Only buttons that work are OK and arrows. Stop does not do it. How does one return to 'Copy OK 01'?...
  7. Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless Lan: My son accidently deleted or uninstalled Realtek 8821AE Wireless Lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC from our lenovo pc. Windows 10 system. Now we can not connect to wireless. Is this repairable or do I have to purchase a wireless adaptor now? He also deleted the bluetooth function....
  8. not showing wireless lan card

not showing wireless lan card: my hp desktop has stopped showing the ralink 802.11 lan card in the device manager. I tried installing a linksys wireless-ac usb adapter but it won`t install properly...
  9. Problems with Wireless LAN drivers?

Problems with Wireless LAN drivers?: Hello, For a few months now I have been encountering issues with wifi connections. They tend to be unstable and my laptop periodically loses connection to the network, or cannot connect to begin with. (or the wifi symbol in the task bar has the yellow exclamation point)...
  10. Slow wireless lan

Slow wireless lan: Hi I have a dell XPS L502x with a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 BGN 1x2 HMC my internet speed from the isp is 100Mbps download and 20Mbps up load and when when it is hard wired to my laptop I get 105Mbps and 21mbps upload. but the maximum I get with wireless is 62mbps...