Windows 10: printer only prints with black background

Discus and support printer only prints with black background in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer will only print in white font with black background. How can I correct this? I have re-downloaded the driver, with no change. It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wilhette, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Wilhette Win User

printer only prints with black background

My printer will only print in white font with black background. How can I correct this? I have re-downloaded the driver, with no change. It is a brother MFC L2700DW series HELP!

:)

Wilhette, Jan 13, 2021
  2. v_realo Win User

printer issue, white prints on black background

Hi janmcbaker,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor, and a Windows user, just like you.

I understand you are having trouble printing in which it prints in black background and white letters.

Basically, this is printing inverted.

May I ask the make and model of your printer and after that, I will provide you the steps to change this.

And what file were you trying to print?

Let me know.

Regards,

v_realo, Jan 13, 2021
  3. (TLL) Win User
    Printer is printing with black background and white font

I have just moved house and just had Windows 10 installed on my computer and have got a secondhand printer, a Xerox DocuPrint M265z connected to my computer and it is printing with a black background and white font. The test print from the printer comes
    out normal but printing from the computer comes out with black background and white font. How do I fix this please.

(TLL), Jan 13, 2021
  4. printer only prints with black background

Windows 10 printing white ink on black background

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are getting print with the inverted color scheme. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the printer?
    • Does the color invert while printing from all applications or any specific application?
    • Are you aware of any changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Go to Printer Properties and click on Advanced tab.
    2. Click on Printing Defaults tab from the bottom.
    3. Click on Advanced tab and click on Other Print Options.
    4. Click on Print Text in Black and check the box beside Print Text in Black.
    5. Click on OK on all the three windows.

Run Printer Troubleshooter:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015401/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

printer only prints with black background

1. printer only prints with black background - Similar Threads - printer prints black

2. My printer will only print in black and white

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My printer will only print in black and white: Windows 10 Pro vs HP ENVY 4527I am faced with what seems like a trivial problem. It isn't. I am able to print fine in colour from other PCs on my network and test pages from the printer, ink cartridges are full, it is not my printer which is the issue.Whats been happening:I...
  3. My printer will only print in black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer will only print in black and white: Windows 10 Pro vs HP ENVY 4527I am faced with what seems like a trivial problem. It isn't. I am able to print fine in colour from other PCs on my network and test pages from the printer, ink cartridges are full, it is not my printer which is the issue.Whats been happening:I...
  4. My printer will only print in black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PRINTER WILL ONLY PRINT IN BLACK & WHITE

PRINTER WILL ONLY PRINT IN BLACK & WHITE: My printer HP Envy 5544 will only print in black & white when connected wirelessly to my laptop Acer Aspire M. The printer will print colour in copy mode and will also print a colour test page. It will also print in colour from my wife's HP laptop via wireless connection....
  6. Printer is printing with black background and white font

Printer is printing with black background and white font: I have just moved house and just had Windows 10 installed on my computer and have got a secondhand printer, a Xerox DocuPrint M265z connected to my computer and it is printing with a black background and white font. The test print from the printer comes out normal but...
  7. printer issue, white prints on black background

printer issue, white prints on black background: I just hooked up a printer and my page prints with a black background with white letters. how do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-issue-white-prints-on-black-background/757dc456-07c3-46d8-acee-5a5b1b28f0cc
  8. printer printing in magenta only? Downloads to printer are ok-prints black as it should.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    printer printing in magenta only? Downloads to printer are ok-prints black as it should.: How can I fix my printer from printing in magenta only/ Downloads to printer prints black, however, magenta replaces the blue color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-printing-in-magenta-only-downloads-to/aaf33dfd-0a52-464a-8450-4f2524cf7943"
  9. Printer is printing black background and white lettering

Printer is printing black background and white lettering: Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why my Brother Printer is printing with a black background and white lettering. The printer was working fine on my old laptop. It's only since I started using my new laptop....
  10. printer only prints in black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer only prints in black and white: My printer keeps not printing and says "attention needed" I ran all of the trouble shooters and it says all is fine, but still doesn't always print and says attention needed. I fiddled with the settings and now the printer will only print in black and white. if I set the...