Windows 10: Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet

Discus and support Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having this problem on my laptop with W10 Home. I am not having this problem with my desktop W10 Pro Both computers have the same printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by royver, Aug 28, 2020.

1. royver Win User

Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet

I am having this problem on my laptop with W10 Home.

I am not having this problem with my desktop W10 Pro

Both computers have the same printer settings

:)

royver, Aug 28, 2020

2. printer only prints in landscape ?

i have Brother HL- 2170W printer and downloaded printable fax cover sheet from internet . but when printing it always prints in landscape even though i changed it to print in portrait mode, why does not print in portrait mode ?

billradenic, Aug 28, 2020
  3. How to change SnipIt default from Landscape to Portrait

Ah, now I understand! You are not talking about an option in the tool, you are talking about printer options.

First, Snip & Sketch and the Snipping Tool are not the same tool. They are 2 distinctly different apps.

The first screenshot below shows the Snipping Tool and the second shows Snip & Sketch.

Regardless, the portrait vs. landscape mode you describe has absolutely nothing to do with either tool. CTRL + P is the print dialog. If you want the default to be changed to Portrait mode, then you need to go into Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners > Select your printer, change the default to Portrait mode.

NOTE: With some drivers, the manner in which you access the exact setting for portrait vs landscape mode may vary, but you should find it somewhere in the printer settings.

Again, it has nothing to do with the tool, but rather with the printer driver configuration.

I hope that this helps to clarify it. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet [​IMG]

Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet

Edge does not remember Printer Orientation even though Windows Printer Driver is set to Landscape

I am trying to print a document from Internet Banking. The document needs to be printed in Landscape. I have setup a second Printer in Windows 10 with the driver set to Landscape.

When I attempt to print the document in edge, the Printer still prints in Portrait and I have to manually change the orientation every time I print. Edge does not pick up the setting from the windows printer driver, nor does it remember the setting once
    it has been changed on the fly.

Alonso B Mosley, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet

1. Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet - Similar Threads - Printer Preference set

2. Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.: I am printing from an HP windows 10 computer to a Brother printer. I am trying to print photos as wallet size on a page in landscape orientation. The printing preferences is set to landscape and the preview displays the page in the correct orientation. However, it prints as...
  3. Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.: I am printing from an HP windows 10 computer to a Brother printer. I am trying to print photos as wallet size on a page in landscape orientation. The printing preferences is set to landscape and the preview displays the page in the correct orientation. However, it prints as...
  4. Printer set to landscape, prints as vertical.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My printer is printing all documents on half a page and in landscape rather than portrait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer is printing all documents on half a page and in landscape rather than portrait: HiI have this issue happening on our laptop and now the new surface pro 8 as well. The printer will print on half the page in landscape but will print everything just smaller and on the left hand side. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, gone through all the settings. Any advice...
  6. My printer is printing all documents on half a page and in landscape rather than portrait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer is printing all documents on half a page and in landscape rather than portrait: HiI have this issue happening on our laptop and now the new surface pro 8 as well. The printer will print on half the page in landscape but will print everything just smaller and on the left hand side. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, gone through all the settings. Any advice...
  7. windows 10 prints everything in landscape even when all settings are set to portrait

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 prints everything in landscape even when all settings are set to portrait: I have a new Lenovo laptop running windows 10. It prints everything; test pages, pdf files, word docs -everything in landscape mode. All settings are set for portrait mode printing. I've downloaded and installed the latest windows update - no change. I've gone through...
  8. Printer set to portrait but prints everything in lanscape

Printer set to portrait but prints everything in lanscape: Hi there Can you please advise although all my printer settings are set to portrait everything prints out landscape image all to the left side of the page can you please help advise what i need to do to fix this ?...
  9. Printing a paper to my Brother printer using windows prints portrait on a landscape paper

Printing a paper to my Brother printer using windows prints portrait on a landscape paper: Windows cant seem to get printing right on my laptop Linux works perfectly fine BTW so not hardware and not printer Whenever I try to print a document in portrait orientation using windows, it prints out sideways as if the printer is printing to a portrait fed system,...
  10. Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait: My cat jumped on my keyboard causing the monitor display to rotate 90 degrees anti-clockwise so it is now like portrait lying on its side. How do I reverse this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change printing orientation for photo app in windows 10

2. printer always printing landscape

3. i get landscape when i try to print but i have setbitbto portrait

4. Why printer only printer portrait but want to print landscape ,
  5. Printer set to portrait but prints landscape