Windows 10: Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.

Discus and support Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having an issue with a Network Printer. At this time this is only happening for one user on multiple computers. This printer is deployed by GPO.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyleMickelson, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.

I am having an issue with a Network Printer. At this time this is only happening for one user on multiple computers. This printer is deployed by GPO.

If the user tries to change the preferences in control panel/device and printers, there is no "printer properties" or "printer preferences" when you right click the printer.

If the user tries to change the Preferences in Settings/Devices/Printers & Scanners, when they click on Manage the following screen pops up.

Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings. 2132f349-ebe3-4a5b-a2c1-e3fd092f4872?upload=true.png

As you can see with the screen shot, you can't select anything.

But, when you go into word or an application, you can get to the printer preferences, but it doesn't give you all the options. Like for the tray, it gives you internal tray and printer default. This printer has a finishing tray, and by default on the server it is suppose to print to the finishing tray. But when the user prints, it goes to the internal tray.

I have tried to find an answer on the web, with no luck, so now I turn to the Microsoft Community to see if anyone else have seen this.

According to the user this has only been happening for a week.

:)

KyleMickelson, Aug 4, 2020

2. Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications

I am using Windows 10, and setting printer preferences in the control panel.

When I go to an application, it is not using the printer settings that I set in the control panel.

What do I need to do to have printer preferences be saved?

RichardLinhart1, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.

Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.

1. Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings. - Similar Threads - Printer preferences properties

2. Recording Preferences setting not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Preferences setting not available: I was playing while recording and saving clips even until yesterday. Today, I tried to record a clip and it just didn't work. When I opened Game Bar, all the recording features were greyed out. When I went to gaming settings to enable captures, there were no settings under...
  3. Recording Preferences setting not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Preferences setting not available: I was playing while recording and saving clips even until yesterday. Today, I tried to record a clip and it just didn't work. When I opened Game Bar, all the recording features were greyed out. When I went to gaming settings to enable captures, there were no settings under...
  4. Printing Preferences from Control Panel will not open?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing Preferences from Control Panel will not open?: Hi, We have x2 Windows 10 Pro Dell PC's but just today both would no longer allow the user to select the printing preferences page. Both are set as the default printer. We added another make/model of printer but that displays the preferences OKI also installed all the latest...
  5. Joystick Control panel properties missing "Settings" tab for Joystick Calibration.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Joystick Control panel properties missing "Settings" tab for Joystick Calibration.: Good day, I need to calibrate my joystick and the tab that previously allowed me to do so was either hidden or the calibration was moved elsewhere. Can I get an updated calibration procedure? [ATTACH]...
  6. Properties in Control Panel in a different language.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Properties in Control Panel in a different language.: [ATTACH] I changed to English but my Properties in Control Panel didn't change to English. I tried to create a restore point and then deleting all of my old language files didn't work. All properties are still in my old language :/ (Even tried to uninstall Language...
  7. Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences

Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences: is there a command in the form of: explorer.exe shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A} that wil alow me to open or link directly to a specific printers "preferences", in this case its named HP. as seen in this image. [ATTACH]...
  8. Control Panel AND Settings

Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  9. Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications

Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications: I am using Windows 10, and setting printer preferences in the control panel. When I go to an application, it is not using the printer settings that I set in the control panel. What do I need to do to have printer preferences be saved?...
  10. SLI not available in Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    SLI not available in Nvidia control panel: As it says above, in build 9926 I can't get to enable SLI in NCP. Any help would be appreciated. 4195