Windows 10: Printer Preferences settings not getting saved

Discus and support Printer Preferences settings not getting saved in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 does not save the printer settings aw well as the settings in the 'preferences'. In 'preferences' there is another two settings, 'Default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hijesh Puthlath, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Printer Preferences settings not getting saved

Windows 10 does not save the printer settings aw well as the settings in the 'preferences'. In 'preferences' there is another two settings, 'Default setting' and 'current setting'. If I click on 'current setting' and 'apply' it, after the print-out is done it again goes back to 'Default setting'. Even though there is 'edit' option in 'Default setting', it even does not save the edited part, instead it goes back to the set default one. Then another irritating thing in this OS is, it keeps updating even though I had disabled the updates. Whenever you want to do any urgent work, when it boots, it starts with the irritating updates and more than one-hour is lost in the useless updates. Finally fed-up of this pathetic OS, I went back to Windows 7.

:)

Hijesh Puthlath, Nov 11, 2019

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Finding printer preferences

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does the right click works on all other apps/program/files?
    • What happens when you try to right lick on the pics that you are trying to copy?
    To set the printing preference, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press the Start menu, type Devices and Printers and hit enter.
    • Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing preferences.
    • Make your choices, and then click OK.
    Check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 11, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Printer Preferences settings not getting saved

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Printer Preferences settings not getting saved

1. Printer Preferences settings not getting saved - Similar Threads - Printer Preferences settings

2. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19042I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  3. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19043I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  4. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19043I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  5. Printer Preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Preferences: Is there a way to tell windows 10 to allow each app its own printer preferences. If I set a specific preference in devices and printer it applies to all apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/1367993b-cb6b-4cdd-a928-429333b2edd2
  6. Printer Preferences

Printer Preferences: Received CD from UK and changed "Printer Preferences" to "Shrink to fit". Printed Fine. Tried to go back in to change "Printer Preferences" and upon selecting printer to "Manage" received pop-up window with following: White X in small red circle followed by...
  7. printer preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer preferences: I want to cease using the duplex printing (default setting) to print on 1 page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/c75e4fb4-f754-47ca-b4ac-f13d921a0a60
  8. Printer preferences

Printer preferences: I have a HP Photosmart printer, which I cannot print on. when I choose the 'Printing Preferences', it's all blank, there's nothing in the boxes at the top (settings/advanced/security etc) & on the right side of the page there are just symbols. I've uninstalled & reinstalled...
  9. How to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer

How to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer: Hi, I would like to know how to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-the-printer-preferences-permanently-for/7ba5d7d5-4292-45f8-ab46-f3e779755734
  10. File "Opens with" preference not getting saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File "Opens with" preference not getting saved: Issues : I have a python file (".py"). I am trying to make "Visual Studio Code" as its default editor, so that each time I open double click the python file, it opens up in "Visual Studio Code". I have tried the following way and nothing is helping.. 1) a) Double click...