Windows 10: Printer printing in faint gray only - Windows update possible cause?

Discus and support Printer printing in faint gray only - Windows update possible cause? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Epson Stylus Office BX535WD, which stopped printing about 3 weeks ago, showing that all 4 jets are blocked. When repeated jet cleaning did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexanderHamilton2, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Printer printing in faint gray only - Windows update possible cause?

I have an Epson Stylus Office BX535WD, which stopped printing about 3 weeks ago, showing that all 4 jets are blocked. When repeated jet cleaning did not help, I cleaned the jets with flush fluid and they are now definitely not blocked. I also downloaded software to reset the waste ink counter, but that showed that my waste ink pad is only 47% full and that resetting was not needed. I changed all the cartridges and the problem persists, although all the monitors are indicating that "the device is working properly". I can only print in High Quality Grayscale and the print is so faint that it is barely legible.

Also, I can no longer chose the print quality/speed from the drop down menu, but have to go to Settings.

I am running Windows 10 and I am wondering if this fault was caused by one of the updates! I should also be grateful for any other suggestions.

Many thanks,

Alex

:)

AlexanderHamilton2, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Printer printing in faint gray only - Windows update possible cause?

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Printer printing in faint gray only - Windows update possible cause?

1. Printer printing in faint gray only - Windows update possible cause? - Similar Threads - Printer printing faint

2. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  3. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  4. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printer only prints white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer only prints white: I have my printer and it is working yesterday. It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. Can somebody help me with this?...
  6. Printer only prints white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer only prints white: I have my printer and it is working yesterday. It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. Can somebody help me with this?...
  7. Printer only prints white

8. Printer only prints in Monochrome

Printer only prints in Monochrome: My HP printer will not print in color when I print from my laptop but does when I print from my phone. Is there somewhere in Windows 10 to change the preferences?...
  9. Printer prints only in color

Printer prints only in color: My printer Epson WF3640 started printing only in color. Please help me to set default to black option. I cannot change the preferences in settings, I tried https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-only-in-color/947fa66a-c670-4594-8667-731a7eecfb0e
  10. Printer prints only in monochrome,

Printer prints only in monochrome,: Hi I have the 3 colour cartridges in the printer Ian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-only-in-monochrome/bfe42a8a-2c1c-41c8-99af-041ad18c34f5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 printing faint