Windows 10: Printer prints only in monochrome,

Discus and support Printer prints only in monochrome, in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have the 3 colour cartridges in the printer Ian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IanStratigos, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Printer prints only in monochrome,

Hi

I have the 3 colour cartridges in the printer

Ian

:)

IanStratigos, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 25, 2018
  3. tensone Win User
    Coloured photo's being printed in Monochrome via Windows Photo's

Using a HP ENVY 4520 printer.

Recently for whatever reason something has changed in my settings and cannot find why.

If I doubleclick on any photo, presuming its opened by Windows Photo as it starts with a black screen and the printer icon is top left. When the photo is opened it is in colour. But when asked to print and the left hand column appears where paper choice and portrait/landscape etc settings appear. Now the photo is in monochrome and despite going through to 'advance' to change from monochrome to colour. It still prints monochrome.

I have removed the device from printer/scanner settings. Restarted the laptop and added the printer again, with same results.

I have not installed the manufacturers software as it not been needed previously until this problem came about. And cannot find any route to change the default from monochrome to colour.

thanks

tensone, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Printer prints only in monochrome,

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Printer prints only in monochrome,

1. Printer prints only in monochrome, - Similar Threads - Printer prints monochrome

2. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  3. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  4. Print colour - newly installed computer will only print from files in grayscale/monochrome...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print colour - newly installed computer will only print from files in grayscale/monochrome...: Newly installed computer will not print in colour Epson XP 345 yet scanner does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-colour-newly-installed-computer-will-only/4669e83c-622f-4774-83f8-a6332a8ec5a8
  5. Print colour - newly installed computer will only print from files in grayscale/monochrome...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print colour - newly installed computer will only print from files in grayscale/monochrome...: Newly installed computer will not print in colour Epson XP 345 yet scanner does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-colour-newly-installed-computer-will-only/4669e83c-622f-4774-83f8-a6332a8ec5a8
  6. Printer issues after windows update - only printing monochrome

Printer issues after windows update - only printing monochrome: Has anyone else experienced issues with their printer only allowing you to print monochrome after a windows update? I have tried looking at all possible settings, reinstalling the printer which worked for one print out in colour and then it reverted back to everything black...
  7. 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk

5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk: 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5540-only-prints-in-monochrome-need-software-that/557783b9-7993-40a1-a2ef-8cac2c709e35
  8. Printer only prints in Monochrome

Printer only prints in Monochrome: My HP printer will not print in color when I print from my laptop but does when I print from my phone. Is there somewhere in Windows 10 to change the preferences?...
  9. Do not have option to print in color only monochrome

Do not have option to print in color only monochrome: Since January 2020 I have found that I cannot print in color only monochrome. Have done printer test and that is ok Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-have-option-to-print-in-color-only/24a5e127-756b-4e1a-ac33-d3530f48a454
  10. printing in monochrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printing in monochrome: when I go to HP output options color mode and select color it keeps changing to mono over and over with paint and photo creations. back to color mode and it changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-in-monochrome/92e5b5d3-a574-41b2-b7b3-9ffb9712d37f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer only printing in monochrome

2. printer only prints in monochrome

3. printer only prints

4. my computer only prints in monochrome,
  5. win 10 printer copies color but prints from computer only in monochrome greyscale,
  6. microsoft printeinig in monochrome,
  7. windows 10 print monochrome,
  8. windows 10 printing in monochrome only,
  9. my hp will only print in monochrome.,
  10. windows 10 only print monochrome,
  11. why will my printer only print in monochrome,
  12. win 10 printer only printing in monochrome,
  13. why wont my printer print in monochrome? windows,
  14. hp envy printer only prints in monochrome,
  15. hp envy printer will only print in monochrome