Windows 10: Printer prints only part of a page

Discus and support Printer prints only part of a page in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older HP PSC950 printer that had been working just fine, but suddenly started printing only part of page. How do I correct this situation?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveCuster, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Printer prints only part of a page

I have an older HP PSC950 printer that had been working just fine, but suddenly started printing only part of page. How do I correct this situation?

:)

DaveCuster, Mar 16, 2020

2. Printer printing blank pages

HI Shirley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the printer on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the issue with printing the blank pages confined to any specific document/ webpages?
    • Were you able to print all kinds of documents from IPad?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue that might have caused this issue?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Printer prints only part of a page

Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Printer prints only part of a page

1. Printer prints only part of a page - Similar Threads - Printer prints part

2. My printer is only printing a quarter of a page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer is only printing a quarter of a page: My Printer is only printing half a page* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-only-printing-a-quarter-of-a-page/0adba4cd-eae4-4b6e-8de8-b1d501b1c270
  3. My printer is only printing a quarter of a page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer is only printing a quarter of a page: My Printer is only printing half a page* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-only-printing-a-quarter-of-a-page/0adba4cd-eae4-4b6e-8de8-b1d501b1c270
  4. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  5. Printer prints only test page

Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  6. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Printer prints only half of the pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints only half of the pages: I tried to print today but its blur and it only prints half of the page. I tried to print multiple pages but showing same problem. My printer connection is using cable. I tried to print with my other device, and it prints fine. I also checked if there is a problem with the...
  8. Printer prints only half of the pages

Printer prints only half of the pages: I tried to print today but its blur and it only prints half of the page. I tried to print multiple pages but showing same problem. My printer connection is using cable. I tried to print with my other device, and it prints fine. I also checked if there is a problem with the...
  9. Printer prints only half of the pages

10. printer prints only one page

printer prints only one page: Printer prints one page only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-only-one-page/16244e87-8386-4c30-9ec1-575fb5c724a0