Windows 10: Printer prints words, not images, objects, boxes, etc.

Discus and support Printer prints words, not images, objects, boxes, etc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have not had this problem before and don't know what's changed. My Epson printer refuses to print anything but text (words) - no photos, no shapes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NaturaLee, Dec 17, 2019.

1. NaturaLee Win User

Printer prints words, not images, objects, boxes, etc.

I have not had this problem before and don't know what's changed. My Epson printer refuses to print anything but text (words) - no photos, no shapes, no text boxes, etc. It even ignores the layout when the text wraps around the photos and just prints the text in a straight line as if no image is there. My Windows print test page came out correctly and when I did a check of the network connection, all tests passed.

:)

NaturaLee, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Printer prints words, not images, objects, boxes, etc.

No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Printer prints words, not images, objects, boxes, etc.

1. Printer prints words, not images, objects, boxes, etc. - Similar Threads - Printer prints words

2. Word document only printing images

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word document only printing images: I have created a word document with text and 2 images. When I go to print, it will only print images. Can you help? Thanks- Laura https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document-only-printing-images/0a56e378-b9cb-4826-aa78-1a8dc902233e
  3. White box / blank area when printing images

White box / blank area when printing images: In Explorer, when I right-click an image and choose "Print" i.e using Windows' image printing feature, the printed picture has a white borderless box covering the middle of the page. This happens every time, no matter what settings I change, such as a size, type of paper,...
  4. My Epson Printer doesn't print Word documents

My Epson Printer doesn't print Word documents: Hello, I inherited an older Epson printer that was never used. I cant seem to get any word documents to print unless there is an image . And PDF's print faded. The only thing that seems to print well is a photo format file like jpeg. Attached is information on the printer....
  5. Printer can not access a Word Pad document for printing.

Printer can not access a Word Pad document for printing.: Printer works - produces test pages with no problem. Word Pad seems to work normally. But when I try to print the word pad document the printer can not access the document. The only response is simply to state: 'Printer can not access word pad....
  6. Word not printing in color - printer okay

Word not printing in color - printer okay: "Color was changed due to a conflict with another printer setting." I can not find the other setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-printing-in-color-printer-okay/06ad4c02-d7d5-4a55-b5a1-2c9785a03fff
  7. Microsoft Word refuses to show my printer in the print dialogue box. The printer is added...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Word refuses to show my printer in the print dialogue box. The printer is added...: Hi, As I tried to print my homework for class, when I selected options to look for the Canon printer it is not there. So I click add printer and it comes up with an error box that says, "The Active Directory Domain Services is Unavailable."...
  8. Black boxes around word and objects in windows and miscosoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black boxes around word and objects in windows and miscosoft edge: I can't type anything in the start screen, or on Microsoft edge, it just highlights something with a box and refuses to let me click or type elsewhere. On the start bar, if I type something, it just cycles through all my stuff extremely fast whilst still having the box on it....
  9. Getting no printing printer runs fine no images

Getting no printing printer runs fine no images: My wireless printer is not printing !Printer runs but paper is blank ,with new cartridges https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-no-printing-printer-runs-fine-no-images/4a72d5d6-9417-4cfd-ab0a-e4727803c35c
  10. Object in black box appeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Object in black box appeared: I now have an object in the upper left corner of my screen. I can't move it. I get nothing if I right click it. It looks like a vertical stipe with some white at the top and then mostly red with 100% below it - all on a black box. How do I get rid of this?...