Windows 10: Printer Problem after March Windows Update

Discus and support Printer Problem after March Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 updated 3-16-21, Update KB000802. I'm having problems printing photos now, there is 4-5 inch wide blank strip down the center and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarKa#&, Apr 15, 2021.

1. CarKa#& Win User

Printer Problem after March Windows Update

My Windows 10 updated 3-16-21, Update KB000802. I'm having problems printing photos now, there is 4-5 inch wide blank strip down the center and only the sides print. I understand that there is an update to fix this problem. However I don't see the correct update for my Windows 10, OS build V. 2004 build 190410.867. When I look at the MS Support page for the 3-16-21 update for my Windows 10 version and build:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/march-9-2021-kb5000802-os-builds-19041-867-and-19042-867-63552d64-fe44-4132-8813-ef56d3626e14

it describes the problem and offers an update link to KB5004649[COLOR=rgba30, 30, 30, 1] to resolve the problem. However this takes me to a page for Windows version 2004, OS build is 190410.870, not my OS build, which is 19041.867.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba30, 30, 30, 1]So is there an update to fix this problem for my OS build?[/COLOR]

:)

CarKa#&, Apr 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 15, 2021
  3. windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Printer Problem after March Windows Update

printer problem in Windows 10

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Inconvenience regretted. Please share the below information:

• What is the make and model of your printer?

• What error message do you get when you try to print?

I suggest you to run print troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this
    troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Also update the printer drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.

• Click on device manager.

• Right-click your Printer devices.

• Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Printer Problem after March Windows Update

1. Printer Problem after March Windows Update - Similar Threads - Printer Problem March

2. March Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    March Update Problems: Following the March Updates KB5000802 and KB4601050, as well as updates related to Adobe Flash and Acrobat Reader DC; my computer has behaved badly. The mouse stutters across the screen when it is moved and videos stutter when they are played. I tried various things to...
  3. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  4. Printer Problem after UPdate

Printer Problem after UPdate: The last two times there has been a Windows Update they have caused a breakdown in communication between computer Lenovo G50 and printer Brother DCP195C. When I use a restore point the communication is re-established. I'm due an update today 27/07/2020!!!...
  5. Printer spooling problems after updates

Printer spooling problems after updates: The June updates have been giving me printing problems. I've tried to fix it, but to no avail. I have Windows 10 1909. June 19, I ended up installing Cumulative Update KB4560960. The following day, I couldn't print anything. Print documents would partially load in the...
  6. Printer spooling problems after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer spooling problems after updates: The June updates have been giving me printing problems. I've tried to fix it, but to no avail. I have Windows 10 1909. June 19, I ended up installing Cumulative Update KB4560960. The following day, I couldn't print anything. Print documents would partially load in the...
  7. Windows last update March update Problem, then nothing

Windows last update March update Problem, then nothing: Hi. So I updated my pc last Friday, and earlier this day when I was watching a video on youtube, my pc froze and the headphones started buzzing. I had to restart my pc. 1 hour ago I started my pc again, and there are no signs for any problem. Can I still do something for my...
  8. I have a problem after Windows update on 12 March 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a problem after Windows update on 12 March 2020: After the update I start my laptop normally and Windows tell me about new features like connect with mobile phone, then I accept it and my laptop accidently shut down so I start my laptop again and I found this message. "An operating system wasn't found"...
  9. Problem with printer after the latest update

Problem with printer after the latest update: The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to nothing. Is it an update bug?...
  10. Problem with Printer after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Printer after Windows Update: On 7/8/2019, I installed the Windows 10 update (version 1903, build 18362.207). Today I find myself unable to send documents to the HP LaserJet printer connected to my router. Instead, a File Explorer box pops up prompting me to save the data to a file. How do I reactivate...