Windows 10: Printer problem with windows update

Discus and support Printer problem with windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem which started after I updated to the latest update. my printer stopped printing images, the paper comes out blank when i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeoMashua, Mar 17, 2021.

1. NeoMashua Win User

Printer problem with windows update

Hi,

I have a problem which started after I updated to the latest update. my printer stopped printing images, the paper comes out blank when i try to print an image. documents come out fine. i uninstalled the update and it was printing fine, problem is that my computer keeps auto updating and i can not keep uninstalling the updates

:)

NeoMashua, Mar 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 17, 2021
  3. printer problem in Windows 10

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Inconvenience regretted. Please share the below information:

• What is the make and model of your printer?

• What error message do you get when you try to print?

I suggest you to run print troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this
    troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Also update the printer drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.

• Click on device manager.

• Right-click your Printer devices.

• Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Printer problem with windows update

Printer offline problem persists

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

Method 2: I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • In the left pane click on View all.
    • Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 3: Also I suggest you to run the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Printer problem with windows update

1. Printer problem with windows update - Similar Threads - Printer problem update

2. Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer: While installing following update, HP - Printer - 31.1.2001.9295; it failed to install with following message 0x800f020b. Additional message is Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help...
  3. Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer: While installing following update, HP - Printer - 31.1.2001.9295; it failed to install with following message 0x800f020b. Additional message is Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help...
  4. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.: Facing problem with this driver in Windows Update Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0. from Last one and half month.I am requesting Microsoft to solve this issue in windows update because of this problem I can't use my canon print properly Canon ImageCLASS...
  5. updating printer driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    updating printer driver problem: I have an older HP printer which I really like; I have updated the driver a few times previously with no problems. The last computer I got had Win10 installed & the printer worked ok until the last year or so when it would more & more often not print a page or selection on a...
  6. Printer Problem after UPdate

Printer Problem after UPdate: The last two times there has been a Windows Update they have caused a breakdown in communication between computer Lenovo G50 and printer Brother DCP195C. When I use a restore point the communication is re-established. I'm due an update today 27/07/2020!!!...
  7. Updates and printer problems-urgent

Updates and printer problems-urgent: I got my new Windows 10 PC in May. In June, an automatic update 'happened'. My printer stopped working. I did not connect the problem to the update, tried ordering anew printer cable [it was a fairly old printer], and then gave in and ordered a new printer. A tech-savvy...
  8. windows 10 update/printer problem

windows 10 update/printer problem: since my HP desktop updated Windows 10 about 10days ago it is not finding my Printer Brother MFC6890 CDW , I have seen somewhere that this is something to do with the update. any ideas please....
  9. Printer problems with Windows 10 updates

Printer problems with Windows 10 updates: So Microsoft wanted to do some updates on my hp laptop Windows 10, and I let it. These were KB4561600, KB4497165 and KB4560960. Since then it refuses to send anything to my Brother printer, it flashes into the print queue and then disappears. The printer is connected,...
  10. Problem with Printer after Windows Update

Problem with Printer after Windows Update: On 7/8/2019, I installed the Windows 10 update (version 1903, build 18362.207). Today I find myself unable to send documents to the HP LaserJet printer connected to my router. Instead, a File Explorer box pops up prompting me to save the data to a file. How do I reactivate...