Windows 10: Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Discus and support Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisGiles5, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903.

Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any attempt to print would bring an error message and nothing would happen.

It appeared from reading the various forums that this was a common problem, and with all printer types, so i spent half a day trying the many remedies that were being promoted, including work-arounds from Microsoft - none worked.

I then reverted to the previous 1803 version of Windows 10. I had to reinstall the printer driver, and now all is operating as it should.

It is clear this is a problem with v1903, and that Microsoft has no solution yet.

Therefore I would suggest be careful of doing the upgrade, particularly if your printer function is important to your business, until Microsoft provide a permanent solution via new upgrade.

:)

ChrisGiles5, Aug 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 new upgrade; HP network printer will not print

Windows 10 new upgrade; HP network printer shows as properly installed on printer list but will not print. Printer dialogue box shows "printing" but no output. I have removed and reinstalled this printer to this PC. Same printer worked before with
    Win 8.1 and still does with my wife's Win 7 PC. So not printer. Win 10 printer troubleshooter did not find any problems. Any suggestions to correct?

JamesLandes, Aug 10, 2019
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Aug 10, 2019
  4. rjolbrich Win User

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Win 10 1809 kb4497934 update fails with 0x80070157

Hello,

I tried all suggestions up to upgrading to 1903 from

step 1 in fixes. I also tried step 2. None of the fixes

solved the problem. I am not willing to upgrade to

1903 - not during the first month of availability! Do

you take me for a fool? Windows Update continues

to be the most unreliable component of Win 10.

rjolbrich, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

1. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Printer problems upgrading

2. Printer problem after recent Win 10 download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problem after recent Win 10 download: I did not consult the forum until just now, and have the same problem as everyone else in printing. My printer is a 12 yr old OKI 2032MFP; per OKI tech support, they said to install the Win 7-64 driver to work on Win 10 kind of a red flag. I tried to uninstall the update as...
  3. HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade

HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade: Just had Dell upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Before, HP 7155 printer worked fine, now NOTHING. You can hear it getting print command, then it fizzles out. Is it driver issue? WIFI, Network? HP Forum and I have tried "everything!" Thx....
  4. Printer won't work after 1903 feature upgrade

Printer won't work after 1903 feature upgrade: I have a dell AIO 948 printer scanner that won't communicate with my laptop after doing the 1903 feature upgrade. It's not a printer problem because I can hook it up to my old Dell laptop that runs Win Vista and it will print and scan like a charm. In the past, after upgrades...
  5. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Support
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  6. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  7. win 10 upgrade 1903

win 10 upgrade 1903: i have 1809 x64 win 10 version and windows update tells me that i can upgrade my version to 1903 when i press download and install it runs normally until the installation process when it stops at 82% and give this error Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error...
  8. Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade

Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade: I downloaded and installed the latest Win 10 - 1903 feature upgrade this morning. 1. I was forced to log back in to much of my gaming software. 2. After the upgrade I was left with a light blue glaring desktop background that had to be deleted, it was just too bright...
  9. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is that a connect solution? Will private setting stop SPAM?...
  10. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

printer hanging after win 10 upgrade: Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and my screen is hung it doesnt return control to user. I have to close/restart my app. The app worked perfectly before Win 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 printing issues

2. how to connect printer after windows update 1903

3. brother printer MFC7320 cant print windows 10-1903

4. winmdows 1903 slow printing xerox,
  5. cannot print anything from edge after windows 10 version 1903 upgrade,
  6. after 1903 update printer not found,
  7. can i shutdown computer at end of windows 10 1903 update and start up later on? ,
  8. print problems in windows update 1903,
  9. printing was fine until windows 1903,
  10. user cannot change default printer after 1903 update,
  11. slow printing problems in windows 10 1903,
  12. ricoh printing problems windows 10 1903,
  13. brother priter wont print after widows10 1903 update,
  14. windows 10 1903 microsoft oops page printing to xerox,
  15. 1903 win problems