Windows 10: Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

Discus and support Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using a HP LaserJet 3050 for more than 10 years. Worked fine until about 2 weeks ago after an update was pushed out to me. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobinPlace, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

I have been using a HP LaserJet 3050 for more than 10 years. Worked fine until about 2 weeks ago after an update was pushed out to me. I have tried everything to get this printer back up and working and finally got it to print this morning. Problem is it didn't print what I asked it to print or even print a test page after I finally got it to work. It printed what looks like an error message. The message is "Unsupported Personality: UNKNOWN". Now I'm sure MS is going to say it's HPs problem, but how do I know that. It worked before the update, but not anymore. I understand my personality might not be the best, but I certainly don't need my printer telling me that. Where is this problem coming from????

:)

RobinPlace, Sep 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 printer problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Step 2: I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Refer the link below Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

printer problem

Printer driver issue. Possibly caused by, but not limited to:

• Corrupted drivers
    • Driver missing an update
    • Incompatible drivers

Is this the first time you are going to use that printer?

Suggestion:

• Uninstall the drivers from your computer completely.
    • Download the latest drivers of your printer from the manufacturer website.
    • Install the latest drivers.
    NOTE: Make sure that the printer drivers will support Windows 10.

Master_Thovy, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

1. Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update. - Similar Threads - Printer Problems latest

2. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  3. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  4. Problem after latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after latest windows 10 update.: After latest windows 10 update10-20 one of the features on my HP laptop no longer works. On my Windows 10 HP Pavilion an i5/2.7Ghz/12 Gig of memory with backlit keyboard I have a "mute button" the mute featuresound on/off works as it should but the light on the key doesn't...
  5. Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update: After running a Window 10 update my Brother HL-4040CDN printer no longer prints. I checked with Brother and they said the issue is with the update. Can anyone provide a fix or workaround. Thanks...
  6. Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems: I've no idea what is going on. Launching certain games disables the image on my TV. I unplug and plug the HDMI cable onto my PC again and again but nothing shows up. The computer is still running, but no image is displayed and I am forced to shut it down via the power button....
  7. problem after latest Windows update.

problem after latest Windows update.: I installed the latest Windows Update today 20th March 2020. It messed up my YouTube, in that it took the videos anything from several seconds to over a minute to start. When they did, there was no sound. I followed the "Restart your computer" advice four yes, FOUR times, to...
  8. Problem with printer after the latest update

Problem with printer after the latest update: The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to nothing. Is it an update bug?...
  9. Problems after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after windows 10 latest update: The first issue goes back to Dec. 2018... the sound on bluetooth is so raspy you can't even make out what people are saying. Have tried it with several bluetootgh devices and it is the same with all of them. Starting yesterday. the screen goes black and I have to power down...
  10. canon pixma mx392 Printer problems after latest WIN 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    canon pixma mx392 Printer problems after latest WIN 10 update: printer only prints a series of lines, not the letter I composed. how do I get printer to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-pixma-mx392-printer-problems-after-latest/f182fc9a-e11f-4073-b8a1-9cd47cea4e03

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after Ms Upgrade no printer