Windows 10: PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

Discus and support PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone have printer probs and receiving this msg after an update recently. I cannot print from my computer but Okay from Phone Call to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bros107, Oct 30, 2020.

1. bros107 Win User

PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

Anyone have printer probs and receiving this msg after an update recently.

I cannot print from my computer but Okay from Phone

Call to Driveruninstall returned error 5 for package C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\Filerepository\hpwia_en6540.inf_amd_3b5186f9e88dece6\hpwia_en5640.inf. A caller of DriverackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver package.

:)

bros107, Oct 30, 2020

2. Printer probs following Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Update all your Printer drivers.

Follow the steps to update the Printer drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • Expand the Print Queues.
    • Double-click on the Printer.
    • In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on
      Update.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Method 2: If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.
    • Expand the Print Queues.
    • Double-click on the Printer.
    • In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Reinstall your printer driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.
    • Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 30, 2020
  4. PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

1. PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE - Similar Threads - PRINTER PROBS WINDOW

2. Editing probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing probs: I have edited a video of 14 + minuted in clip champ and exported. Now I would like to add some more scenes,overlays and intro outro etc. As the time line does not stretch frame by frame, I cannot add these scenes in to the exact place where I would like to have it .* Changed...
  3. probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  4. probs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  5. Windows 11 update prob

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update prob: For 5 days I have been facing a prob in which windows update is showing my laptop ready for windows 11 but didn't received windows 11 upgrade yet?.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-prob/d6c0ad2d-9d96-41bd-9752-da26d4ed592c
  6. Windows 11 update prob

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update prob: For 5 days I have been facing a prob in which windows update is showing my laptop ready for windows 11 but didn't received windows 11 upgrade yet?.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-prob/d6c0ad2d-9d96-41bd-9752-da26d4ed592c
  7. Windows 11 update prob

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Minecraft windows 10 update driver probs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft windows 10 update driver probs: So, recently minecraft windows 10 got an update to 1.16.200, and I get that update too, when I launch the game, I have a notification to update my driver, and so I DID!, but after the update my game is being so slow, idk is this 'cause of my potato laptop or the driver...
  9. Ram prob

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram prob: So the prob is that i have 4gb ram on the pc &when i lunch a game and the go to desktop and open task manager i see that the game is using about 1800 mb and shows that 96%of my ram is in use the issue is that i have 4g. Which means 4000 mb. Of ram even thought some times...
  10. Windows 10 probs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 probs: So i upgraded and i was instantly taken by windows 10 it looks great and works well compared to other windows disappointments but then problems began to set in I have a razer backlit mouse and keyboard which would fade when the screen fades, well my screen would never time no...