Windows 10: PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

Discus and support PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone have printer probs and receiving this msg after an update recently. I cannot print from my computer but Okay from Phone Call to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bros107, Oct 30, 2020.

1. bros107 Win User

PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

Anyone have printer probs and receiving this msg after an update recently.

I cannot print from my computer but Okay from Phone

Call to Driveruninstall returned error 5 for package C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\Filerepository\hpwia_en6540.inf_amd_3b5186f9e88dece6\hpwia_en5640.inf. A caller of DriverackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver package.

:)

bros107, Oct 30, 2020

2. Printer probs following Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Update all your Printer drivers.

Follow the steps to update the Printer drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • Expand the Print Queues.
    • Double-click on the Printer.
    • In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on
      Update.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Method 2: If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.
    • Expand the Print Queues.
    • Double-click on the Printer.
    • In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Reinstall your printer driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.
    • Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 30, 2020
  4. PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE

1. PRINTER PROBS AFTER WINDOW UPDATE - Similar Threads - PRINTER PROBS WINDOW

2. cpu prob

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cpu prob: hi my cpu is not stable i checked task manager it showed me 60-100% cpu how to fix it please + the pc is becoming slower and slower 159509
  3. hdd probs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hdd probs: i have 2 external usb hdds connected after update drive k becomes drive l and vice versa remove either and nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-probs/1f5fc101-371d-4294-9d3f-f848c5a0a505
  4. Probs opening docs

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Probs opening docs: Hi all, I have an issue that I'm hoping someone may be able to help with. I have recently purchase a new laptop with Win 10 installed and I want to use Office 7 for which I have my original disc and activation code. I have installed it with no problems but when I want to...
  5. Ram prob

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram prob: So the prob is that i have 4gb ram on the pc &when i lunch a game and the go to desktop and open task manager i see that the game is using about 1800 mb and shows that 96%of my ram is in use the issue is that i have 4g. Which means 4000 mb. Of ram even thought some times...
  6. Printer dissapears after Windows Updates

Printer dissapears after Windows Updates: I work on computers in peoples homes. I have had 3 HP printers in the last 3 weeks that have been broken by a MS Update. The printer is no longer able to be seen by the USB port. You can plug other device into it but the printer is not seen by the USB ports anymore. You have...
  7. Nvidia probs

Nvidia probs: trying to get media streaming working on Think Pad, changed something and now can't see second monitor. Seems like something to do with Nvidia modes.mething in Nvidea https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-probs/49229602-7341-4c2e-9e19-0257fedc8a76
  8. Problem with Printer after Windows Update

Problem with Printer after Windows Update: On 7/8/2019, I installed the Windows 10 update (version 1903, build 18362.207). Today I find myself unable to send documents to the HP LaserJet printer connected to my router. Instead, a File Explorer box pops up prompting me to save the data to a file. How do I reactivate...
  9. Big prob

in Windows 10 Support
    Big prob: I have a y510p from Lenovo and recently upgraded to win 10. Now Everything looks distorted(well mostly apps) and cannot play any game properly. AND yes i upgraded the Nvidia drivers but no luck. For eg. Worms Ultimate Mayhem is a little zoomed in and cropped. Most Games don't...
  10. Windows 10 probs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 probs: So i upgraded and i was instantly taken by windows 10 it looks great and works well compared to other windows disappointments but then problems began to set in I have a razer backlit mouse and keyboard which would fade when the screen fades, well my screen would never time no...