Windows 10: Printer Properties/security

Discus and support Printer Properties/security in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally changed my administrator permission to not manage printer. How can I fix this permission to default ... like manage printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PCmp, May 17, 2020.

1. PCmp Win User

Printer Properties/security

I accidentally changed my administrator permission to not manage printer. How can I fix this permission to default ... like manage printer

:)

2. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 17, 2020
  3. bluesriff Win User
    printer sever properties

my pc has been running slower lately so I used my recovery usb to restore windows, it worked all ok, it set up as a local

account, I installed my Kaspersky security and my hp printer and then checked in printer properties / security and the

unknown account was gone. I then set up my Microsoft account and then checked in printer properties and the

unknown account was still omitted. so its all ok now, thanks for your help.

bluesriff, May 17, 2020
  4. bluesriff Win User

printer sever properties

hp forum gave me the instructions to remove all the drivers for my hp printer and do a clean install of there

drivers but that did not help I have removed the hp drivers again.

when checked in printer properties/security and clicked on fax/ manage/ security. account unknown is there.

hp suggested that it could be a pc account issue or a network issue.

today I reset windows but the issue is still there.

bluesriff, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Printer Properties/security - Similar Threads - Printer Properties security

2. No security tab in folder properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No security tab in folder properties: Recently I installed a gameHalo Infinity from Microsoft Store but later decided to uninstall it. But I am unable to remove it from my computer. It got installed it in one of my secondary drives. Now I have a folder named Program Files which I am unable to delete. It says I...
  3. Printer properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer properties: I cannot find the "manage" tab in printer properties so cannot define the printer and scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-properties/0b49e266-e6e2-446e-85db-d51e44e3073f
  4. Printer properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer properties: I cannot find the "manage" tab in printer properties so cannot define the printer and scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-properties/0b49e266-e6e2-446e-85db-d51e44e3073f
  5. no security tab in properties?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no security tab in properties?: VER: 21H1 19043.1110 There is no security tab in properties and the files and folders are padlocked, so I can't change permissions/ownership? The files are on a USB pendrive, copied from a previous PC (the whole downloads folder infact!). I've tried the: 1) Simply type Win+R...
  6. System32 security properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System32 security properties: I had to fix something by gaining access to the System32 folder, then deleted some malicious files, but forgot to write down the default permission settings. This is what I have now - does it look correct? Thank you in advance! > ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES read&execute list...
  7. Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences: is there a command in the form of: explorer.exe shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A} that wil alow me to open or link directly to a specific printers "preferences", in this case its named HP. as seen in this image. [ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.: My the IP port number for my default network printer was changed. I was able to enter "printer properties" and change to the new IP, and I can print. However, the "Port Name" in printer properties has remained the old IP number. Unlike in "Printer Name or IP Address" box, I...
  9. Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.: My the IP port number for my default network printer was changed. I was able to enter "printer properties" and change to the new IP, and I can print. However, the "Port Name" in printer properties has remained the old IP number. Unlike in "Printer Name or IP Address" box, I...
  10. No Security Tab In Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Security Tab In Properties: So I wanted to move music from my computer to a USB drive, but when I got there there was no security tab to change permissions. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Stagcraft184...