Windows 10: Printer Queue "Busy or Error" on Some Networked PCs, Others Works Fine

Discus and support Printer Queue "Busy or Error" on Some Networked PCs, Others Works Fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an older Brother MFC-8840D laser printer that is part of my small office network. While yes, I know that it's an older piece of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mtloya, Mar 4, 2020.

1. mtloya Win User

Printer Queue "Busy or Error" on Some Networked PCs, Others Works Fine

Hi all,

I have an older Brother MFC-8840D laser printer that is part of my small office network. While yes, I know that it's an older piece of hardware, it still does the trick just fine when it wants to.

Recently, I've had two machines become unable to send jobs to this printer, both being wireless not that that seems to matter. In the print queue, I get the "Printer Busy or Error" message, regardless on what I'm trying to print. It could be a blank Word document, a test page, or a full-blown 50-page PDF... This occurs on both of these machines. What's strange though, and what I don't understand, is that three additional machines on the network ARE able to print to it just fine, 2 being wired and 1 wireless.

The printer is not shared over the network by any of the machines, rather, each machine has had it installed manually with the printer's IP through the add-a-printer wizard. It should be noted that everything was working perfectly fine as of recent on all machines.

At this point, I don't know what to do and I'm pretty frustrated. The drivers are all the same on every single machine. They're all running Windows 10 64-bit. I've already attempted to uninstall and reinstall the printer multiple times, power cycled the printer, checked and double checked to ensure that all the ports and IPs are correct, and I've even gone out of my way to purchase a secondhand printer to use in the meantime until I can figure out how to get the main printer back up and running for every machine.

And no, using the other printer long-term isn't an option.

Any pointers would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

-Mark

:)

mtloya, Mar 4, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Printer queue problem

Hi Richard,

The issue with your printer’s queue could be a result of a conflict between the actions being requested to be performed on the PC and the action being done by the PC. As initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the built-in troubleshooter
    for your printer. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under Settings, choose Update & Security.
    • On the options on the left-hand side of the window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Under Get up and running, select Printer and click Run
      the troubleshooter

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Arthur Rui, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Printer Queue "Busy or Error" on Some Networked PCs, Others Works Fine

cannot print, error: printer queue is full for network printer: Brother MFC-J6540DW

*O.T.> cannot print

Please help remove strange error: printer queue is full for network printer: Brother MFC-J6540DW

Note: there is nothing in the queue.

PeterSchnall_960, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Printer Queue "Busy or Error" on Some Networked PCs, Others Works Fine

1. Printer Queue "Busy or Error" on Some Networked PCs, Others Works Fine - Similar Threads - Printer Queue Busy

2. printers working for me but not other PCs in the office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printers working for me but not other PCs in the office: HI,I had 2 new printers installed in the office last month.I added each printer to each PC via TCP/IP and installed the drivers manually.Both printers are working perfcetly for me, but my colleagues have informed me that the cant access the printer finishers on either...
  3. printers working for me but not other PCs in the office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printers working for me but not other PCs in the office: HI,I had 2 new printers installed in the office last month.I added each printer to each PC via TCP/IP and installed the drivers manually.Both printers are working perfcetly for me, but my colleagues have informed me that the cant access the printer finishers on either...
  4. printers working for me but not other PCs in the office

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Errors on printer queue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors on printer queue: Hi, I have some problem with my computer about printing, so I post this question asking for some help.My computer is windows 10 pro, and it is connected to printerSamsung SL-M2820DW.Recently, I re-installed the windows 10 and a few days ago, printer doesn't work at all.I...
  6. Other PCs on my Network???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Other PCs on my Network???: Hi guys, I've looked at my Network (This PC>Network) and have seen two other PC/Desktops that I don't recognise. What could this be and how can I find out? All help is appreciated! Thanks. submitted by /u/yeebaa [link] [comments]...
  7. Printer queue

Printer queue: Hello, I am having a strange problem with my print queue. Normal printing works fine. But for some reason my print queue apparently does not delete the documents from the queue after they are printed or they are stored somewhere else?. Whenever I restart my computer or...
  8. Some network PCs not seeing each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  9. Printer queue

Printer queue: Printer queue will not cancel print job. I have already shut off and unplugged the printer. What do I need to do know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/0068987e-5a23-4bf8-8228-f823c614f771
  10. printer works with some programs but not others

printer works with some programs but not others: Brother mfc-8440 will print from wordpad but not from reader Just says cannot print and says "error" Printer works with Excel, Word but the reader is Windows 10 "Edge" 10460