Windows 10: Printer queue

Discus and support Printer queue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a strange problem with my print queue. Normal printing works fine. But for some reason my print queue apparently does not delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMWill, Jul 16, 2020.

1. AMWill Win User

Printer queue

Hello, I am having a strange problem with my print queue. Normal printing works fine. But for some reason my print queue apparently does not delete the documents from the queue after they are printed or they are stored somewhere else?. Whenever I restart my computer or after an update that restarts my computer, the print function is somehow activated and all the documents that are in the queue will be printed - sometimes many documents. Huge waste of paper and printer ink. Is anyone familiar with this phenomenon and is there a way to fix it? I have looked through the settings associated with the printer and can find nothing that seems to relate to print queue behavion. Thanks much, Al

:)

AMWill, Jul 16, 2020

2. Printer queue problem

Hi Richard,

The issue with your printer’s queue could be a result of a conflict between the actions being requested to be performed on the PC and the action being done by the PC. As initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the built-in troubleshooter
    for your printer. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under Settings, choose Update & Security.
    • On the options on the left-hand side of the window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Under Get up and running, select Printer and click Run
      the troubleshooter

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Arthur Rui, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 laptop and envy printer queue

Hi Roger,

There are several ways to remove an item on the printer queue. One way is to
    turn off/on your printer then delete the item on the queue. We suggest that you follow the steps in this

article
    for further assistance. Though the article is for Windows XP,
    the methods listed in that article can be applied in Windows 10.

You can also reach out to your printer manufacturer's customer support for additional assistance regarding this issue.

Should you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Rocky Win User

Printer queue

What Is The New Printer Queues For In The Device Manager?

In the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 there is a new category called PRINTER QUEUES. Does this take the place of the PRINTER listing, and if it does why did they change the name of it?

Rocky, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Printer queue

1. Printer queue - Similar Threads - Printer queue

2. unfreeze my printer queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unfreeze my printer queue: unfreeze my printer queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unfreeze-my-printer-queue/20580c84-7e6e-4ce2-829d-aaaddbed5cec
  3. unfreeze my printer queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unfreeze my printer queue: unfreeze my printer queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unfreeze-my-printer-queue/20580c84-7e6e-4ce2-829d-aaaddbed5cec
  4. My printer queue is frozen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My printer queue is frozen.: I can't right click on it nor make it disappear I keeps the documents I want to print. There are now six documents there. I can't seem to do anything to delete those documents which I now want to print on another printer....
  5. unfreeze my printer queue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My printer queue is frozen.

My printer queue is frozen.: I can't right click on it nor make it disappear I keeps the documents I want to print. There are now six documents there. I can't seem to do anything to delete those documents which I now want to print on another printer....
  7. My printer queue is frozen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to automatically clear printer queue

How to automatically clear printer queue: Good afternoon,I'm having an issue with Windows 10 printer spooler. The printer queue freezes very often and the only way to print again is to clear everytime the queue.I'm aware of the methods to clear the queue, even with a .bat file that stops the spooler, clear the queue...
  9. How to automatically clear printer queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to automatically clear printer queue: Good afternoon,I'm having an issue with Windows 10 printer spooler. The printer queue freezes very often and the only way to print again is to clear everytime the queue.I'm aware of the methods to clear the queue, even with a .bat file that stops the spooler, clear the queue...
  10. How to automatically clear printer queue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging