Windows 10: Printer redirection not work In windows server 2016

Discus and support Printer redirection not work In windows server 2016 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printer redirection not work In windows server 2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RameshTeewari, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Printer redirection not work In windows server 2016

Printer redirection not work In windows server 2016

:)

RameshTeewari, Feb 28, 2019

2. Printer Hp 2015dn no redirect to terminal server

When I login with remote desktop in TS(terminal server - windows server 2003 x86) my LAN printer in local network not redirect in printers on TS. My OS is Windows 10 x64.
    With other computers(windows 7 x64 , x86) i have not problems but windows 10 x64 redirection is failure!
    Generally I use hp laserjet pcl 5e driver and only pcl 5 and everithing is fine!
    And now I am stuck!
    I tried with many other different drivers on the both(win 10 and win srv 2003) side but not success!
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

mihail19871987, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Windows Server 2016 and Remote printers

I'm trying to get remote printers to work over shared remote desktop sessions on Windows Server 2016.

They were working before, now they are not, and they continue to reset themselves after I set them up. Before the remote laptops connecting were Windows 7 Pro machines, now we've upgraded them to Windows 10
    Pro, that's when the problems started.

Here's the setup.

Two remote laptops both Windows 10 Pro. They are on their own remote network, outside of the network where the Windows Server 2016 is at.

They both have one HP network printer, same printer over wifi, and the one has a Star receipt printer.

Both can print locally to the HP just fine, over the wifi.

We will call the laptop with the Star receipt printer laptopX, and the other laptopY.

LaptopX can print locally to the receipt printer fine. When logged into the remote desktop session X can print fine to receipt printer, not to the HP. I have to manually create an HP printer, then point the
    port to the HP printer redirected. The redirected number changes each time, so each morning when they reconnect I have to go in and change the manual HP over to the port of the new redirect HP. For some reason this works and X can now print from remote session
    to the HP.

I'm trying to allow laptopY to print to the receipt printer, so the only way I found to do it was to create a manual printer as admin, call it Star1, and point it's port to redirected star printer from LaptopX.
    Under this scenario LaptopY can print to the receipt printer that LaptopX has locally. Since laptopY has the same issue that X does with the HP, I simply have them use the manual HP to print.

This is a convoluted mess, never had to do this with Windows 7 Pro, now after upgrading to 10 on the laptops this is the mess that we have. Nothing else has changed in settings since upgrading to 10, we simply
    installed printers locally, connected to the remote desktop session as we normally would, not I have to do all this to make it work.

Before the upgrade to 10, both could print to the local HP from the remote session, and X could print to the receipt printer fine, and Y could print to a copy I made of star pointing to the port of X so that
    it could print fine. This wasn't a problem before as the redirected number didn't change every morning, now it does.

Joel DeVenney, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Dimitri T Win User

RDS printer redirection stopped working with Windows 10 version 1809

We've rolled out our first Windows 10 version 1809 laptops and users of those devices notified us that they no longer see session printers in our RDS environment.

RDS envrionment 1 is a server farm consisting of 8 load balanced 2012R2 servers.

RDS environment 2 is a server farm consisting of 4 load balanced 2016 servers.

Computers connecting to these farms with any Windows 7 flavour or Windows 10 v 1803 or below, don't have any problem with redirected printers.

As soon as the computer runs v1809, the redirected printer is absent.

Event viewer on servers show no intention of installing a redirected printer. (So no error nor a try)

Anyone else noticed this problem or even managed to solve it?

For now we stopped rolling out v 1809.

Dimitri T, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Printer redirection not work In windows server 2016 - Similar Threads - Printer redirection server

2. Windows Server 2016 USB not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 USB not working: Help,I have a Dell R720 server running Windows Server 2016.The POST boot process before the OS loads progresses normally and I can use the USB keyboard and USB mouse to change settings in the iDRAC and BIOS setup. I have checked the status of the USB ports in iDRAC and they...
  3. Windows Server 2016 USB not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 USB not working: Help,I have a Dell R720 server running Windows Server 2016.The POST boot process before the OS loads progresses normally and I can use the USB keyboard and USB mouse to change settings in the iDRAC and BIOS setup. I have checked the status of the USB ports in iDRAC and they...
  4. QoS not working on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    QoS not working on Windows server 2016: I am trying to apply QoS setting across our server estate via GPOs to assist with WAN testing.We are attempting to apply the same policy to both 2012 R2 servers and 2016On a 2012 R2 server the policy correctly applies the QoS tagging settings are works exactly as expect.On a...
  5. QoS not working on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QoS not working on Windows server 2016: I am trying to apply QoS setting across our server estate via GPOs to assist with WAN testing.We are attempting to apply the same policy to both 2012 R2 servers and 2016On a 2012 R2 server the policy correctly applies the QoS tagging settings are works exactly as expect.On a...
  6. Windows server 2016 QOS not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2016 QOS not working: We are attempting to apply the same policy to both 2012 R2 servers and 2016On a 2012 R2 server the policy correctly applies the QoS tagging settings are works exactly as expect.On a 2016 server the policy appears to apply I can see the correct settings via Get-NetQoSPolicy...
  7. Windows server 2016 QOS not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows server 2016 QOS not working: We are attempting to apply the same policy to both 2012 R2 servers and 2016On a 2012 R2 server the policy correctly applies the QoS tagging settings are works exactly as expect.On a 2016 server the policy appears to apply I can see the correct settings via Get-NetQoSPolicy...
  8. Folder Redirection, Windows 10, Server 2016 Major Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Redirection, Windows 10, Server 2016 Major Issue: A GPO of folder redirection was created a while ago and has been working fine. Until 2 month ago a user started experiencing a major problem. When the user places any file on the desktop or documents, the location disappears from sight and only comes back eventually after a...
  9. Windows Server 2016 and Remote printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Server 2016 and Remote printers: I'm trying to get remote printers to work over shared remote desktop sessions on Windows Server 2016. They were working before, now they are not, and they continue to reset themselves after I set them up. Before the remote laptops connecting were Windows 7 Pro machines, now...
  10. Printer Hp 2015dn no redirect to terminal server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Hp 2015dn no redirect to terminal server: When I login with remote desktop in TS(terminal server - windows server 2003 x86) my LAN printer in local network not redirect in printers on TS. My OS is Windows 10 x64. With other computers(windows 7 x64 , x86) i have not problems but windows 10 x64 redirection is failure!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Server 2016 RDS redirect printers does not work

2. how to setup remote desktop local printer redirection windows 2016

3. printer redirection not working rds gateway 2016

4. server 2016 rdp printer redirection,
  5. rdp printer redirection windows server 2016,
  6. windows server 2016 printer redirection not working,
  7. windows server 2016 printer redirection,
  8. printer redirection issue is not working on windows server 2016,
  9. windows server 2016 cannot redirect printer xerox,
  10. windows server 2016 worgroup printer redirection not printing,
  11. Local printer redirection not working in RDP Session windows 2016,