Windows 10: Printer refuses print or scan

Discus and support Printer refuses print or scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using a usb printer from recent years on my old framework having windows 8 introduced yet now on new work PC windows 10 installed on it I can't print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SunkuHansal, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Printer refuses print or scan

Using a usb printer from recent years on my old framework having windows 8 introduced yet now on new work PC windows 10 installed on it I can't print or scan.

[Brother HL- B2000D]

PC works fine on my office printer however on my home printer it don't work.

CD accompanied printer I took a try at installation drivers through it yet I'd didn't introduced either.

:)

SunkuHansal, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Printer will not print color

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are unable to print in color. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Printer?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer (Wired/Wireless)?

Let us try a few steps and check.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start button and then Settings .
    2. Click on UpdateandSecurity and then click on
      Troubleshoot.
    3. Run the troubleshooter for Printer.

Method 2: Update Printer Driver.

We would suggest you to connect the printer to the PC as wired connection, then download and install the
    Firmware & Software Utility driver from HP website.

Method 3: Check Printer preferences.

1. In the software application you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.
    2. Open the Properties dialog box.

Depending on the software application, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
    3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
      • Black and White: If you want to print in black and white only, select the grayscale option.
    4. ​After selecting the print settings, click OK to apply the settings, and then click Print.

You may check: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04648194

Method 4: HP Print and Scan Doctor

We would suggest you to use HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows as
    this will fix printing and scanning problems with HP Print and Scan Doctor, a free tool for Windows.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 17, 2020
  4. slim142 Win User

Printer refuses print or scan

Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Printer refuses print or scan

1. Printer refuses print or scan - Similar Threads - Printer refuses print

2. Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?: I am using a Pantum printer of the M6500 Series M6502 to be precise. I have the respective driver for it. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded it multiple times with no success. The driver gives you an app based on your printer model. Since mine is the M6502, I put that in and...
  3. Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?: I am using a Pantum printer of the M6500 Series M6502 to be precise. I have the respective driver for it. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded it multiple times with no success. The driver gives you an app based on your printer model. Since mine is the M6502, I put that in and...
  4. Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning

Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning: I have a Cannon MG3200 series printer/scanner, which has worked with no problems until October 2020 On the 13th October, I printed out a bank statement & some other documents. Since then, I have not been able to print anything!!! When I try to print a document, it goes...
  6. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  7. new printer will print not scan

new printer will print not scan: Just got a new Canon Pixma TS5060, have downloaded canon IJ scan utility, which throws up the scanning choices but when I try to choose any choice get message which reads you do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder. code:9,244,3 OR if I right...
  8. Epson Printer will print but not scan

Epson Printer will print but not scan: My Epson will print but not scan & I've tried many to the "fix its" but for some reason it's still not working. I truly need some suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-will-print-but-not-scan/4a5644c6-f51d-420c-ad2e-1249b0084fa6
  9. Hp printer prints but doesn't scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hp printer prints but doesn't scan: My Hp printer prints any file, photo, but doesn't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-prints-but-doesnt-scan/4836ff7f-2d31-4c5e-844b-ca612cd81524
  10. copier refuses to scan

copier refuses to scan: Canon copier scanned to laptop perfectly UNTIL the latest Windows 10 update. The copier and laptop are not communicating. Can someone please tell me how to repair?????...