Windows 10: Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix

Discus and support Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printer will not print. Message says 3 documents in print que but there is no printer icon in the tray like ALWAYS. Always before there was a printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DuaneNickels, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix

Printer will not print. Message says 3 documents in print que but there is no printer icon in the tray like ALWAYS. Always before there was a printer icon in the bottom tray where you could go see the printer status and control the printer. Or delete document(s) which have the printer blocked. Looked in devices and find no printer control point. Always nive to have a new version of a Microsoft product, NOT. Windows 10 ---- One problem after another. Almost like the old DOS upgrade days. New upgrade, boat load of new issues.

:)

DuaneNickels, Apr 15, 2019

2. printer trays don't follow the instructions in Word/printer/page_setup

Hi Denny,

There are several reasons why an issue occurs, sometimes this may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this article on how to
    fix printer problems in Windows 10. Once you're done, check if the issue
    persists.

On the other hand, if the issue is still the same, you may remove and reinstall the printer on your device. To do this, follow the steps below:

To remove your printer

• Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under the Printers and Scanners, find and select the printer and click
      Remove device.

To reinstall your printer

• Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
    • Make sure that your printer is on and connected to your computer.
    • It will scan the available device that is connected to your PC, wait for it until it finds a printer, and then select
      Add device.
    • Download and install the latest printer driver by visiting the manufacturer's website.

Note: You can print a test page to make sure that the printer is working correctly.

Let us know if these suggestions work for you and if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Apr 15, 2019
  3. keakar Win User
    Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix

Printer? Word says there is no printer installed, Printers are listed under Devices and my default is set

Hello Mel,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Printer. We will certainly help you.

It would be grate if you can reply to this question to assist you further:

• Does the issue only occur when you are using Word?
    • Have you tried printing any other document like PDF?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Meanwhile we suggest you to try the steps from the links below and check:

Fix printer problems

Fix printer

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix

1. Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix - Similar Threads - Printer says documents

2. Waiting for printer connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waiting for printer connection: “Waiting for printer connection” pop up started coming up a couple of weeks ago and has been causing multiple issues.Excel and Word randomly do not open, and then when I open the program again it tells me the file is already in use yet nothing is open. Task manager shows...
  3. Waiting for printer connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waiting for printer connection: “Waiting for printer connection” pop up started coming up a couple of weeks ago and has been causing multiple issues.Excel and Word randomly do not open, and then when I open the program again it tells me the file is already in use yet nothing is open. Task manager shows...
  4. Printer won't Input multiple documents in printer queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer won't Input multiple documents in printer queue: Our office owns this Fujitsu Lifebook T725 device running Windows 10 Pro. This device has 1 Admin and 1 user account. When i try to print multiple word documents saved in the user or Admin account, only one will be added to the queue and print.Things i tried to fix this:1. I...
  5. Printer won't Input multiple documents in printer queue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer won't Input multiple documents in printer queue: Our office owns this Fujitsu Lifebook T725 device running Windows 10 Pro. This device has 1 Admin and 1 user account. When i try to print multiple word documents saved in the user or Admin account, only one will be added to the queue and print.Things i tried to fix this:1. I...
  6. printer will not print a microsoft document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer will not print a microsoft document: Printer will not print a microsoft document. No problem printing anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-will-not-print-a-microsoft-document/42b1bcd8-9fdd-4d78-804c-5eaae7caaad9
  7. Fix Printer Error

Fix Printer Error: How do you fix printer error "Status unavailable". I have a Brother Color Printer 8900 and I installed printer drivers but still get error message when trying to add printer to Dell PC Inspirion 13. [ATTACH] Thank you....
  8. Fix my Printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix my Printer: My printer is not working, sometimes it prints, sometimes it does not print. It does not print correctly. I need fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-my-printer/d60e33d6-9476-4491-9fb7-223512d0472a
  9. Printer says it's "offline"

Printer says it's "offline": My HP 8150 Photo smart worked last week-and now it somehow is in "offline" mode and for the life of me I can't get it to respond from my computer. Running Windows 10....
  10. Printer says Offline. How do I fix?

Printer says Offline. How do I fix?: Windows 10 to Brother HL-L2395DW printer. Wireless connection to printer via Cisco router. The printer says Offline. How do I put it back online. Sincere thanks in advance. I've tried going to Ports & clicking SNMP Status Enabled and that does not work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3 documents waiting

2. printer says 3 documents waiting