Windows 10: Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix

Discus and support Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printer will not print. Message says 3 documents in print que but there is no printer icon in the tray like ALWAYS. Always before there was a printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DuaneNickels, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix

Printer will not print. Message says 3 documents in print que but there is no printer icon in the tray like ALWAYS. Always before there was a printer icon in the bottom tray where you could go see the printer status and control the printer. Or delete document(s) which have the printer blocked. Looked in devices and find no printer control point. Always nive to have a new version of a Microsoft product, NOT. Windows 10 ---- One problem after another. Almost like the old DOS upgrade days. New upgrade, boat load of new issues.

:)

DuaneNickels, Apr 15, 2019

2. printer trays don't follow the instructions in Word/printer/page_setup

Hi Denny,

There are several reasons why an issue occurs, sometimes this may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this article on how to
    fix printer problems in Windows 10. Once you're done, check if the issue
    persists.

On the other hand, if the issue is still the same, you may remove and reinstall the printer on your device. To do this, follow the steps below:

To remove your printer

• Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under the Printers and Scanners, find and select the printer and click
      Remove device.

To reinstall your printer

• Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
    • Make sure that your printer is on and connected to your computer.
    • It will scan the available device that is connected to your PC, wait for it until it finds a printer, and then select
      Add device.
    • Download and install the latest printer driver by visiting the manufacturer's website.

Note: You can print a test page to make sure that the printer is working correctly.

Let us know if these suggestions work for you and if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Apr 15, 2019
  3. keakar Win User
    Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix

Printer? Word says there is no printer installed, Printers are listed under Devices and my default is set

Hello Mel,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Printer. We will certainly help you.

It would be grate if you can reply to this question to assist you further:

• Does the issue only occur when you are using Word?
    • Have you tried printing any other document like PDF?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Meanwhile we suggest you to try the steps from the links below and check:

Fix printer problems

Fix printer

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix

1. Printer says 3 documents waiting but no printer in tray to fix - Similar Threads - Printer says documents

2. How to fix printer error 0x80007007e

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix printer error 0x80007007e: Want to know how to fix printer error 0x800070007e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-printer-error-0x80007007e/3f094cc5-2b05-46b9-8073-58798112bee0
  3. Printer stops working and says "printer is in an error state". What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer stops working and says "printer is in an error state". What does this mean?: Laptop says "printer is in an error state". How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stops-working-and-says-printer-is-in-an/9ecab114-902b-4cf4-99fd-febd76834819
  4. Printer says Offline. How do I fix?

Printer says Offline. How do I fix?: Windows 10 to Brother HL-L2395DW printer. Wireless connection to printer via Cisco router. The printer says Offline. How do I put it back online. Sincere thanks in advance. I've tried going to Ports & clicking SNMP Status Enabled and that does not work....
  5. Printer says Offline, but Wifi says connected

Printer says Offline, but Wifi says connected: Hey! When I try to print a document, it says that my HP Envy Photo 7155 printer is offline. I have used the HP wizard thing, it didn't work. I followed the instructions that the hp virtual assistant gave me, didn't work. I tried deleting all the printer software and then...
  6. Printer

Printer: My Epson workforce 435 printer is printing so light I can barely read it. I did a test page it came with light red ink (windows test page ) Ink is full any suggestions?...
  7. Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer: My printer will not print a Doc. file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/printer/12101f02-f28a-4d15-a45c-386efb710076
  8. PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer

PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer: A Curious (and frustrating) problem ... This morning, I tried to print a PDF document (11x17, 2-sided, full color, created to PDF by Microsoft Publisher) using Adobe Acrobat. The document spooled and the print queue said "Printing...", then it disappeared from the print...
  9. Printers say (Offline) W-10

Printers say (Offline) W-10: Both my printers say (show) offline and I can not print... I checked in tutorials and found nothing. Thanks 97915
  10. Documents sent to printer just vanish unless printer is power cycled

Documents sent to printer just vanish unless printer is power cycled: I have two printers, one of which is an Epson Artisan 1430 (very new, installed with current drivers and current firmware) and one of which is a Canon iP6000D (very old, with old, unsupported drivers), and both of them frequently will not actually print anything unless I turn...