Windows 10: Printer / Scanner Error

Discus and support Printer / Scanner Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 and all of a sudden I am getting the following error when I try to print or scan anything. Error = 0x800706ba I shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kenneth Pincus, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Printer / Scanner Error

I am running Windows 10 and all of a sudden I am getting the following error when I try to print or scan anything.

Error = 0x800706ba

I shut down my computer and waited awhile and then my system came up clean but I am still getting the error.

I googled the error number and saw that there is a hotfix for this error and it says it is for all platforms. When I go to download this fix it says it is for windows XP.

I did not download the hotfix.

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Thanks

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Oct 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Oct 23, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Printer / Scanner Error

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Printer / Scanner Error

1. Printer / Scanner Error - Similar Threads - Printer Scanner Error

2. Scanner to Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner to Printer: Hello, I have scanned an instruction sheep which is 6" X 4", and I would like to print it as an A4 size, making the instruction lettering larger, I have poor eyesight and cannot read the instructions properly, Is there a way to do this please, I woud appreciate any help yo...
  3. Printer/Scanner

Printer/Scanner: Why doesn't my computer running Windows 10 recognise my Canon MG5350 Printer/Scanner. Any help appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/30d13de0-b95e-406b-a500-07c253d655e4
  4. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I cant scan from my printer/scanner into my computer although the printer is connected correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/fcb77770-4348-46c3-8aee-98f60600fbd8
  5. Printer Scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer Scanner: Why does my Canon MP550 printer / scanner not appear under my printers in devices. It is connected through a USB port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scanner/3cae5b9f-a3e1-4102-a865-0708844911d9
  6. Printer and Scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer and Scanner: I have all in one printer and scanner Brother HL-L2390DW LAN Monochrome and I scanned some documents but does not show on my HP Computer Lap top. It was working but now I cant find scanned papers. ????? HeLp!...
  7. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I have a Brother MFC multifunctional printer when I go into it now I cant select the scanning option well it is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printerscanner/17414f47-8f6c-4f26-baa8-df3bc61b1830
  8. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  9. Printer/scanner

Printer/scanner: I have an epson XP-610 printer and scanner. I have the printer connected to my new laptop, but when I try to scan it says the scanner is not connected. I am using Windows 10 can you help?...
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355