Windows 10: Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?

Discus and support Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer has always saved scans as PDF Now its saving as jpeg. And my Adoby (or what ever its called" can't open the file. How do I get the darn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert A. 865, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?

My printer has always saved scans as PDF Now its saving as jpeg. And my Adoby (or what ever its called" can't open the file. How do I get the darn thing to save as PDF/

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Opening a scanned item

:)

Robert A. 865, Jul 27, 2019

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 27, 2019
  3. saving scan as PDF

That's really a question you need to ask the Cannon company about instead. Their program might not even have that ability to save it as a PDF, but you'd need to check the owner's manual of your Cannon scanner (or call the Cannon support line) to find out.

Another option is to save it in a format the scanner has the ability to save as, then convert it to a PDF. One way to do that would be to put the picture into Word, then choose file > export.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 27, 2019
  4. Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?

Scanner PDF save problem

I have an Epson Pro 4990 Scanner which I have owned for several years and has always worked perfectly. I can scan photos or documents in jpeg format and save to file, but when I scan documents in PDF format and attempt to save the document an error message
    appears telling me to restart the scan. I can not save a PDF document from the scanner. If I download a PDF document from a website there is no problem saving the item. I have reinstalled the Epson 4990 software, uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Reader
    DC, but the problem persists. It appears that a recent Windows update has changed my settings as the scanner was working perfectly in the Fall of 2017.

Very frustrated!!!!!~!

NEIL CGEST, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?

1. Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF? - Similar Threads - Printer scanner saving

2. Saving to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving to pdf: Just recently when saving a document as a pdf from the web it is being saved a a type 2023 file. How can I stop this from happening? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-to-pdf/012d57de-07f8-4aff-8736-1804e73d88c5
  3. Save to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  4. Save to .pdf

Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  5. Saving a PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  6. Saving a PDF

Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  7. Saving As A .pdf ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving As A .pdf ?: Hello, I open up a web link that is a multi page document (an instruction manual). I then want to save it as a .pdf. Can't figure out how to. I assume I use Adobe Acrobat to do so, but am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob 179792
  8. Printer saving PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer saving PDF: When I scan a document with my Canon printer Cannon Pixma MG 3022 Serial # KLBU 70940 and save a PDF file to a destination folder in Documents the application places a SUB FOLDER with the current date in the destination folder, which I do not want. this sub folder option is...
  9. How do I change a JPEG scan to a PDF scan

How do I change a JPEG scan to a PDF scan: How do I change a JPEG scan to a PDF scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-tp-pfd/bc2117e1-6ee5-4a9b-b14f-a4942b722408
  10. Printer Issues and Saving to PDF

Printer Issues and Saving to PDF: Hello, I can't seem to add any printers, even ones I've recently been printing from successfully, as well being unable to Save as PDF from Excel. I'm able to save as a PDF from Word without any issues as well as from Google Chrome browser. I can't print rom any source....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer scans as jpeg