Windows 10: Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

Discus and support Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section. If I go to old style control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnWAnderson, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section.

If I go to old style control panel devices and printers, the device shows in the Unspecified section with the following details

Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners c906d274-7989-466f-8225-bac050659fa1?upload=true.jpg

The device works absolutely fine with all programs. I presume Windows is not showing this device as a printer or scanner in settings because it is wrongly categorised. How do I get this to appear in the right places in settings?

I have Windows 10 Pro with the 1909 update installed.

:)

JohnWAnderson, Nov 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    set up printer/scanner

Hi Diane,

Please take note that there are different ways to set up the printer/scanner. Some printers will start working when you plug it in to the computer. There are printers that need an installer from the manufacturer so that you can set it up. When you finish
    setting up the printer, you also need to run the driver software or installer of the scanner so that it will start working. Just to clarify, what is the step-by-steps process you performed to set up the printer to your new computer? If you've used the installer
    of your printer, does it include an installer for the scanner? We recommend that you visit the support website of your printer's manufacturer to see if there is an available installer for the scanner.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

Wireless Printer/Scanner

Hi

I'm new at wireless printer/scanner set up. I need to scan something and scanner does not show connected to internet. Thanks if you have a suggestion.

Wallace MK, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

1. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners - Similar Threads - Printer scanner showing

2. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  3. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  4. Scanner to Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner to Printer: Hello, I have scanned an instruction sheep which is 6" X 4", and I would like to print it as an A4 size, making the instruction lettering larger, I have poor eyesight and cannot read the instructions properly, Is there a way to do this please, I woud appreciate any help yo...
  5. Printer/Scanner

Printer/Scanner: Why doesn't my computer running Windows 10 recognise my Canon MG5350 Printer/Scanner. Any help appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/30d13de0-b95e-406b-a500-07c253d655e4
  6. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I cant scan from my printer/scanner into my computer although the printer is connected correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/fcb77770-4348-46c3-8aee-98f60600fbd8
  7. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I have a Brother MFC multifunctional printer when I go into it now I cant select the scanning option well it is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printerscanner/17414f47-8f6c-4f26-baa8-df3bc61b1830
  8. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  9. Printer/scanner

Printer/scanner: I have an epson XP-610 printer and scanner. I have the printer connected to my new laptop, but when I try to scan it says the scanner is not connected. I am using Windows 10 can you help?...
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings printers and scanners

2. my epson 352 wont print magents

3. printer does not show in printers & scanners

4. printer not showing in printers and scanners,
  5. scanner not showing in wndows,
  6. printer not showing in settings,
  7. why is my printer not shown in printers and scanners