Windows 10: Printer Scanner

Discus and support Printer Scanner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does my Canon MP550 printer / scanner not appear under my printers in devices. It is connected through a USB port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkStidever, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Printer Scanner

Why does my Canon MP550 printer / scanner not appear under my printers in devices. It is connected through a USB port

:)

MarkStidever, Dec 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Printer Scanner

Remove Old Printers from "Add a printer or scanner"

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove unwanted Printers and check if it resolves the issue. Here's how:

1. Right click on Start and select Control Panel
    > Devices and Printers.

2. Under Printers, select the unwanted Printer and click on
    Remove device.

3. Now go to Start menu and navigate to Settings >
    Devices > Printers & scanners and check whether the printers

are listed under Add printers & scanners.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Printer Scanner

1. Printer Scanner - Similar Threads - Printer Scanner

2. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  3. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  4. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...: I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as it is a firewall issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-my-scanner-printer-connects/d75ada69-0326-42af-bd4e-b8cbbb659f8f
  6. I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...

I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...: I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as it is a firewall issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-my-scanner-printer-connects/d75ada69-0326-42af-bd4e-b8cbbb659f8f
  7. Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Printers&Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Printers&Scanners: Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Home Build 22621 Printers&Scanners, this is a printer QuickBooks uses to create PDFs. I've already installed the Optional Features:"XPS Viewer" and rebooted. Is there a missing step or a way to force install of the...
  8. Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Printers&Scanners

Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Printers&Scanners: Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Home Build 22621 Printers&Scanners, this is a printer QuickBooks uses to create PDFs. I've already installed the Optional Features:"XPS Viewer" and rebooted. Is there a missing step or a way to force install of the...
  9. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  10. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...