Windows 10: Printer/Scanner

Discus and support Printer/Scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why doesn't my computer running Windows 10 recognise my Canon MG5350 Printer/Scanner. Any help appreciated. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SueShrubshall, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Printer/Scanner

Why doesn't my computer running Windows 10 recognise my Canon MG5350 Printer/Scanner. Any help appreciated. Thanks

:)

SueShrubshall, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Printer Scanner

Hi TT,

As shown on the screen shots shown before, the printer is listed in devices, but doesnt appear with the Windows 10 printers and scanners section.

However, the printer does appear to be working at the moment, so I will let it be at that, just strange it should show on one listing but not the other.

Thanks for your input.

MarkStidever, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Printer/Scanner

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Printer/Scanner

1. Printer/Scanner - Similar Threads - Printer Scanner

2. A fix for Windows 10 Update problems with HP Envy 5660 Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A fix for Windows 10 Update problems with HP Envy 5660 Printer/Scanner: What a nightmare I could not print documents PDF,WORD but I had continuity to the printer through my wifi network. I could print diagnostic pages from HP SMART APP under printer setting/tools/printer reports but nothing else so I knew the printer was connected and...
  3. at window 10 ,How connect Window Fax and Scanner to Hp Printer ?

at window 10 ,How connect Window Fax and Scanner to Hp Printer ?: at window 10 ,How connect Windows Fax and Scanner to Hp Printer ? window fax and scanner show up on my computer bottom desktop but, when I click it, pop up window showed up and "cannot run as it can not access your document folder. please, ensure that windows fax and...
  4. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I cant scan from my printer/scanner into my computer although the printer is connected correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/fcb77770-4348-46c3-8aee-98f60600fbd8
  5. How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10

How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10: How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-scanner-and-printer-icons-in-windows/5ff33cfe-966f-461e-a2c0-4abf84f4fb9a
  6. Windows 10 and HP PSC500 printer/scanner/copier

Windows 10 and HP PSC500 printer/scanner/copier: Is there any way to connect an HP PSC printer/scanner/copier to a computer with Windows 10? Do I need a Microsoft driver to make this work? Thanks in advance for your answer. Charles Pittsburgh...
  7. Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked

Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked: The button, that does appear, for opening the printer queue, is visible but cannot be clicked - due to the name of the next printer being highlighted when the mouse pointer is over where the "Open Queue" button is! We were trying to clear or delete the entire queue, of...
  8. Wireless Scanner missing if Printer/scanner is not switched on at Windows startup

Wireless Scanner missing if Printer/scanner is not switched on at Windows startup: I am on Widows 10 latest update. I have a Canon 5700 wireless printer/scanner. If the printer/scanner is not switched on at Windows startup time - it seems to not activate the scanner. This device is set as my default printer and the printing function works even if the...
  9. Canon MG3520 muti printer, copier, scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon MG3520 muti printer, copier, scanner: Hello I am new to this but I need help I recently switched to windows 10 I down loaded windows scans app and it recognizes my scanner function and i can scan a document. But the problem is when I go to scan the next day I get a message to connect a scanner. How can it see...
  10. My windows 10 computer will no longer recognize my HP 4500 printer scanner, will print but...

My windows 10 computer will no longer recognize my HP 4500 printer scanner, will print but...: MY computer no longer will scan to the computer from ny HP 4500 printer scanner. I will print but when ask to scan it says does not recognize scanner....