Windows 10: printer selection will not go away

Discus and support printer selection will not go away in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, I want to delete a printer selection from the print window for example text document File>Print I've deleted it in the window but it comes back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joeaa, Sep 28, 2015.

1. joeaa Win User

printer selection will not go away

hi,
    I want to delete a printer selection from the print window
    for example text document File>Print
    I've deleted it in the window but it comes back.

Joe

:)

joeaa, Sep 28, 2015
  2. MikeNY343 Win User

Touchscreen Driver Will Not Go Away

So I have been having issues with my touchscreen. Every time it is enabled I get these bubbles on the screen and the cursor jumps all over the place. I found the driver in the Device Manager --> Human Interface and disabled it. But it will come back on
    any time I restart the computer. Similarly I tried to unistall the driver but again when the computer restarts the driver is back (along with the issue).

I cannot find a way to prevent the driver from coming back and so I keep having the same touchscreen issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

MikeNY343, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Touchscreen Driver Will Not Go Away

Hi Mike,

As you may already know, drivers are installed automatically so that you don't have to select which updates are needed. In rare cases, a specific driver might temporarily cause issues that affect your device. In this case, you may temporarily
    prevent this specific driver from reinstalling. This
    article
    will help you on how to do so.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Darian Tab, Sep 28, 2015
  4. printer selection will not go away

On my system, all the printers that show up in Devices and Printers are listed as selections for printing anything. If you don't want them listed, I think you have to remove them from Devices and Printers.

Mark Phelps, Sep 28, 2015
  5. EdTittel Win User
    This actually turns out to be a more interesting problem than it might seem to be at first blush. Many times when you try to remove entries in Devices and Printers, you won't be able to do so. I've learned through repeated trial and error that editing various printer keys in the registry seems to be the best way to get rid of stale printer entries therein. I'll also observe that using RDP adds printers reflected from the RDP host (where you run the RDP client to remote into other machine) onto the RDP target (the machine you're remoting into) and there's apparently NOTHING you can do to remove these entries from those targets, short of a clean reinstall.

See this Microsoft KB article to learn more about registry keys related to printing:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/102966

Run this Google Search to find several blog posts I've written on the subject of removing stale printer entries.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 29, 2015
  6. joeaa Win User
    I was about to go into regedit and delete the printer selection, but when I checked for the exact name of the printer
    it was gone. thanks for the help

Joe

joeaa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

printer selection will not go away

1. printer selection will not go away - Similar Threads - printer selection away

2. Virus/Threats Not Going Away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus/Threats Not Going Away: Every couple of days/weeks I receive a message from Windows Antivirus saying that threats have been detected, I remove the threats using Windows Antivirus but after a couple days/weeks I receive the message again.Question is, how do I remove these threats permanently and/or...
  3. BSOD Wont go away...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Wont go away...: Hi, Over the past year I've had a range of BSODs. They had a variety of different error codes and after looking into it it seemed that my RAM was the problem. After plenty of testing I found that one stick was faulty so I replaced it and ended up being fine for a while. Flash...
  4. watermark not going away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    watermark not going away: after the last update i keep getting the activate windows water mark and this is a payed version. how do i get rid of this?when i restart the pc it goes away for a while then it come back...
  5. Taskbar not going away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  6. Taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  7. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  8. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...
  9. Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away: I posted this question a few weeks ago but can't find my post. After a windows 10 update everytime I boot up my laptop I get a blue box asking me to select privacy settings but when I do it just keeps telling me to try again. I am unable to remove that box from my desktop....
  10. Printer is selective:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer is selective:: My printer is an Epson Workforce 845. All of a sudden today, it only will print when I print a test print from Win10 settings. It won't print an email or a doc from Word. It seems like it is not even getting in the cue, as when I look, there is nothing there. Has been a good...