Windows 10: Printer Server Not Displaying as Available Printer

Discus and support Printer Server Not Displaying as Available Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good morning y'all. I have a Canon imageClass MF4150 print/fax/scan that works well when directly connected to my Windows 10 PC up-to-date. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomas-H, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Thomas-H Win User

Printer Server Not Displaying as Available Printer

Good morning y'all. I have a Canon imageClass MF4150 print/fax/scan that works well when directly connected to my Windows 10 PC up-to-date. I want to be able to use the printer from other devices so I purchased a IOGear print server. I connected the printer > print server > WIFI router. I then set up the print server on my computer but it is now not showing up as an available printer.I am not very good at networking so feel free to treat me like I know nothing. Lol.Thanks.

:)

Thomas-H, Jun 21, 2021
  2. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Jun 21, 2021
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. damric Win User

I need a new printer.

Do the above suggested printers jam up easy? If there is 2 pieces of office equipment I loathe, 1st is copy machines, and 2nd is printers.

damric, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Printer Server Not Displaying as Available Printer - Similar Threads - Printer Server Displaying

2. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  3. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  4. SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE: MY LAPTOP IS SHOWING DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE WHEN I CONNECT MY PRINTER CUM SCANNER VIA USB.ALSO WHEN UPDATING DRIVER IT SHOW NO DRIVER FOUND. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-printer-driver-not-available/d4f2d082-666b-4598-9eec-1b850e393364
  5. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".: Hi allPlease help me. My Surface Pro running Windows 10 64 bit was working fine but about one month ago, the three printers I had loaded Canon, Epson, and Microsoft Print to PDF all stopped working at the same time.I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them and the...
  6. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".: Hi allPlease help me. My Surface Pro running Windows 10 64 bit was working fine but about one month ago, the three printers I had loaded Canon, Epson, and Microsoft Print to PDF all stopped working at the same time.I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them and the...
  7. Printers: "Driver not available" and "cannot open add printer".

8. Printer not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer not available: since the latest WIN10 updates I can no longer access my printer on my local network. When running the network troubleshooter it reports: Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. These settings has not changed and are correct. I also notice...
  9. No printers available. Printer spooler doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No printers available. Printer spooler doesn't start.: No printers available. Printer spooler doesn't start and the proposals didn't solve the problem. Problem is: error 0x000006ba But also another problem with following answer: Problem can't be solved, because double ended....
  10. No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer

No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't working? Microsoft did a complete update recently and fouled up many settings..... ***Modified title from: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is...