Windows 10: Printer settings changed after Windows update

Discus and support Printer settings changed after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I really want my settings back! After Windows update my printer changed settings and World template. It started printing on both sides. How can I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeganCollier, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Printer settings changed after Windows update

I really want my settings back! After Windows update my printer changed settings and World template. It started printing on both sides. How can I get my settings back?

:)

MeganCollier, Oct 20, 2018

2. how do i change disconnected setting to connected setting on my printer

Hi Robert,

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. It helps in checking settings, installing drivers and identifying and fixing the printer issues.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with the Printer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Printer settings changed after Windows update

Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Printer settings changed after Windows update

1. Printer settings changed after Windows update - Similar Threads - Printer settings changed

2. After windows update regional settings are changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update regional settings are changed: HelloAm I the only one or there are others also who noticed this problem. Yesterday the computer was working normal and this morning when started some regional/keyboard settings are changed and the things that worked yesterday do not work this morning due to update last...
  3. After windows update regional settings are changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows update regional settings are changed: HelloAm I the only one or there are others also who noticed this problem. Yesterday the computer was working normal and this morning when started some regional/keyboard settings are changed and the things that worked yesterday do not work this morning due to update last...
  4. After windows update regional settings are changed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows removes programs and changes settings after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows removes programs and changes settings after update: I just updated my computer and much like every other time, my background and other personalization options have been reset. And even more concerning, windows changed some of my privacy settings by allowing microsoft to collect additional diagnostics data and enabling...
  6. Sound Settings change after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Settings change after update: Why is it nearly every time Windows 10 updates it changes previously set sound settings? Also on the last update it totally wiped all my music out of windows media player and it will not retrieve it anymore....
  7. Windows 10 printer custom change setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 printer custom change setting: I use Windows 10 Pro with my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426fdw for over two years, and it seem that there were some changes that was made in the "print confirmation" screen where the "custom" where you can select what pages get printed, now you have to selected "All" or "Custom" in...
  8. Win 10 changes printer settings if not a default printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 changes printer settings if not a default printer: I work in a large business where there are a mix of Windows 10 and Windows 7. With Windows 7, we can have our label printer and an HP LaserJet connected to one PC with updated drivers, driver settings to use printer settings, and correct printer settings for each application....
  9. Change printer default settings

Change printer default settings: How do you change printer default settings from color to black and white on windows 10? I have office365 also. Does that make a difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/change-printer-default-settings/6f785f32-dec4-448c-8259-0dfc85477859
  10. Default printer keeps changing even after settings change

Default printer keeps changing even after settings change: Hey all. I realize Windows 10 defaults to last printer used and you have to turn that off in settings. That solved my problem. However, since adding a new PC to my network and using a printer as a network printer, it seems to over ride the setting and keeps changing my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS UPDATE AFFECTED MY PRINTER

2. windows update affected printing settings

3. printer settings changed after windows 10 update

4. pnter settings changed after windows update,
  5. windows update changed printer ,
  6. windows update changes printer settings