Windows 10: Printer Settings could not be saved. The directory is unavailable.

Discus and support Printer Settings could not be saved. The directory is unavailable. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I already did: Give rights to me on the print server - change the restricted entry using Regedit and giving permissions. DNS is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobervalChocolat, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Printer Settings could not be saved. The directory is unavailable.

Printer Settings could not be saved. The directory is unavailable. 662b87e2-68fb-40a0-8ef2-b0de6baa7ff5?upload=true.jpg

I already did:

Give rights to me on the print server - change the restricted entry using Regedit and giving permissions.

DNS is working fine - dcdiag /e

Check the Group Policy to allow publish printer.

Where else can I check?

:)

RobervalChocolat, Feb 7, 2020
  2. ameneses Win User

The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable

Windows 10, Office 2013.

I installed a wireless Canon printer by detection as I don't have the install disks. Apparently no problem, the printer is listed in device manager with no problems. The situation is that when I try to print a document, the printer is not listed in the drop
    down box and when I choose "add a printer" at the bottom of the list, I get the error"The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable"

Please advise.

ameneses, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Problem adding printer due to Active Directory Domain Services

Hi,

The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable occurs when a new printer gets installed and the system is looking for the printer's driver. You can try the following steps below on how to add the printer nd see if it will resolve the issue:

• On the search bar, type troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • On the left pane of the Control Panel window, click
      to view the list of apps.
    • Look for the Printer from the list then right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • After doing so, try adding your printer again.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Printer Settings could not be saved. The directory is unavailable.

error "The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable" when adding printer

Windows did not recognize the printer although it's in my directory. Tried to add, error "The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable" when adding printer.

barrymastin, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Printer Settings could not be saved. The directory is unavailable.

1. Printer Settings could not be saved. The directory is unavailable. - Similar Threads - Printer Settings saved

2. Printer is Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is Unavailable: I have a CanonMaxify2100 multi function printer installed. Previously it was connected to WiFi with my phone and I could print from my phone, my iPad, my wife's phone and the laptop which was also hotspotted to my phone. I have since connected to the NBN and have reset the...
  3. Printer is Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is Unavailable: I have a CanonMaxify2100 multi function printer installed. Previously it was connected to WiFi with my phone and I could print from my phone, my iPad, my wife's phone and the laptop which was also hotspotted to my phone. I have since connected to the NBN and have reset the...
  4. Printer is Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Unavailable: My printer is listed but it is unavailable> How do I fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-unavailable/58ea2c6f-f8d1-4d3c-99f8-398b335da603
  6. Printer Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Unavailable: My printer is listed but it is unavailable> How do I fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-unavailable/58ea2c6f-f8d1-4d3c-99f8-398b335da603
  7. Printer Unavailable

8. set a default directory to always save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set a default directory to always save to: How can I set a default directory to always save to on my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-a-default-directory-to-always-save-to/2b3c4397-9b29-4748-85fe-6c17e243e232
  9. Printer unavailable

Printer unavailable: my printer was working perfectly fine a few weeks ago. since yesterday the printer is showing unavailable. Its a HP officeJet pro 6978. any advice? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-unavailable/936f4b87-5ec8-463f-b8c5-429a90c0f14f
  10. Printer "Saved settings" behavior

Printer "Saved settings" behavior: I have just re-built a Win 10 Home 1909 machine and re-installed the xerox printer. All is working well, except... In the Printer preferences box, there is the ability to save special print job settings. This one has the "Standard", "Previous Settings", "2 pages up / 2...