Windows 10: Printer settings missing

Discus and support Printer settings missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I went through an update yesterday and after that the automatic printing option for double side printing went away. Now it's only showing manual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Soumili56, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Soumili56 Win User

Printer settings missing

I went through an update yesterday and after that the automatic printing option for double side printing went away. Now it's only showing manual option.

HP LaserJet 1020 Plus

:)

Soumili56, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 20, 2020
  3. how do i change disconnected setting to connected setting on my printer

Hi Robert,

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. It helps in checking settings, installing drivers and identifying and fixing the printer issues.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with the Printer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Printer settings missing

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Printer settings missing

1. Printer settings missing - Similar Threads - Printer settings missing

2. Drivers Missing for Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers Missing for Printer: My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no longer connect to my home printer, a Brother mfc-885cw. The specific error is that the "Driver is Unavailable." Clicking "Find...
  3. Drivers Missing for Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers Missing for Printer: My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no longer connect to my home printer, a Brother mfc-885cw. The specific error is that the "Driver is Unavailable." Clicking "Find...
  4. Printer option is missing in column setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer option is missing in column setting: Hi,Previously i remember i have selected "printer" as one of the criteria in my folder column.I wonder why i cannot find it anymore in the same place. Did Microsoft remove it?Windows 2012 R2 Thank you....
  5. Printer option is missing in column setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer option is missing in column setting: Hi,Previously i remember i have selected "printer" as one of the criteria in my folder column.I wonder why i cannot find it anymore in the same place. Did Microsoft remove it?Windows 2012 R2 Thank you....
  6. Printer driver missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver missing: I bought a new HP AIO computer and want to link it with my Kodak esp 3.2 printer. I had this running with a laptop using windows 10 but the new computer can't locate a printer driver and kodak no longer support their printers so I can't download a new driver from them. Can I...
  7. Missing printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing printer driver: Hi can anyone help please? I bought a new HP laptop and connected my old Canon printer and it worked fine but now it is saying it has printer diver missing. I have uninstalled the printer for now as I need a new ink cartridge. My question is when I install the printer again...
  8. Missing printer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Missing printer: I assume there has been a recent update. My printer HPC3180 no longer appears on my list and has been replaced with HP ePrint. I've tried all the help and troubleshooting options. It is not found if I ADD printer. I can print when in a document, e.g. Word, so the printer...
  9. Missing printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing printer: I have an Epsom XP-510 printer that has been perfectly ok until today.When I tried to print something I get the error message STATUS.ERROR.It seems to have lost the wi-fi connection,I have a fully wired connection and the other units connected all show and are working ok.I am...
  10. Missing Devices & Printers

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Devices & Printers: Most of my devices and printers have disappeared from the Devices & Printer page. Any ideas? 43334