Windows 10: Printer settings not showing colour as an option

Discus and support Printer settings not showing colour as an option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP 5540 and its printing only black and white. #Whan I go into the printer settings it will not show colour as an option even in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomasMulqueen, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Printer settings not showing colour as an option

I have a HP 5540 and its printing only black and white.

#Whan I go into the printer settings it will not show colour as an option even in the advanced settings.

Ive dumped the software and restarted then reinstalled but this hasn't fixed it.

Anyone out there have any hints on how to sort this out?

Thanks in advance

Tom

:)

TomasMulqueen, Mar 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 18, 2019
  3. imacken Win User
    Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

Yes, I have that Colour Management tab, and yes, my monitor is listed. I was showing the Printing Preferences boxes, this is the Printer Properties tab.
    How does that help? I can't see anything useful there. Should there be profiles associated with the HP printers showing?

imacken, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Melvis Win User

Printer settings not showing colour as an option

Does this printer print colour?

Hi guys just wanted to double check if this canon printer prints colour that I just got for free. Cheers.

Melvis, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Printer settings not showing colour as an option

1. Printer settings not showing colour as an option - Similar Threads - Printer settings showing

2. Printer option is missing in column setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer option is missing in column setting: Hi,Previously i remember i have selected "printer" as one of the criteria in my folder column.I wonder why i cannot find it anymore in the same place. Did Microsoft remove it?Windows 2012 R2 Thank you....
  3. Printer option is missing in column setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer option is missing in column setting: Hi,Previously i remember i have selected "printer" as one of the criteria in my folder column.I wonder why i cannot find it anymore in the same place. Did Microsoft remove it?Windows 2012 R2 Thank you....
  4. Printer colour issues

Printer colour issues: My printer is a few months old, however I have noticed that it is not printing pink. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-colour-issues/07d7d56d-ebf4-4bcd-8745-8021b2d95e4e
  5. Printer colour issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer colour issues: My printer is a few months old, however I have noticed that it is not printing pink. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-colour-issues/07d7d56d-ebf4-4bcd-8745-8021b2d95e4e
  6. Printer no printing in colour

Printer no printing in colour: I have upgraded to windows 11 my printer will not print colour. When I go into printer properties in the feature box colour is no and double sided is no also. there is no place to change these. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no difference. What do I do?...
  7. Printer no printing in colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer no printing in colour: I have upgraded to windows 11 my printer will not print colour. When I go into printer properties in the feature box colour is no and double sided is no also. there is no place to change these. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no difference. What do I do?...
  8. Colour Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colour Setting: Since the last update the colour setting option for Start, Taskbar and Action Centre is greyed out and is no longer available. Not important but annoying. Any suggestions appreciated....
  9. Touchpad option not showing in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad option not showing in Settings: When I go to Settings / Devices / Touchpad, the "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" does not show up at all. I hadn't realized it was supposed to be there until I saw it on another one's system. Is there a way that I can that to show up on this system?...
  10. Printer default colour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer default colour: Hi Guys I am trying to make black my default colour on my HP printer 3630. I have moved dot from colour selection to black and it works, but next time, colour is selected again. I have done what most sites say to do, that is, devices & printers, print preferences, etc...