Windows 10: Printer Sharing and Network credential access

Discus and support Printer Sharing and Network credential access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mcavinee, Feb 10, 2019.

1. mcavinee Win User

Printer Sharing and Network credential access

Hello:

I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really do not know where they are.

Thanks for your help.

:)

mcavinee, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Arsenal Win User

Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

I have a new Windows 10 Home computer and I've selected a folder and shared it. I've added Everyone to the Share Permissions list with Full Control.

Printer Sharing and Network credential access [​IMG]

I've selected "Turn off password protected sharing" in the Advance Sharing Center.

Printer Sharing and Network credential access [​IMG]

When I try to access the share with a Windows 7 laptop in the home it connects right away without a prompt for credentials. When I try to access the share from another Windows 10 device (Surface) there is a prompt for credentials and I am unable to access the shared folder. There are no common account names between machines on my home network.

On the Windows 10 machine which is trying to connect I have run Net use * /DELETE and removed all Windows Credentials using the Credentials Manager then rebooted both machines a few times. Still though the Windows 7 machine can access the share with no credentials and the Windows 10 machine can't access it at all.

My goal is to get the share working for the Windows 10 machine as it works for the Windows 7. Full access, no prompt for credentials. I've workaround steps that will provide access so that type of information isn't needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any help would be most appreciated.

Arsenal, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Feb 10, 2019
  4. yakbox Win User

Network Credentials

I stumbled across this solution, which immediately worked for me:
    1. Settings => Network & Internet => Network and Sharing Center (near bottom middle) => Change advanced sharing settings (near top left)
    2. Scroll to the bottom, and expand "All Networks"
    3. Select "Turn off password protected sharing"
    I was so happy to find a toggle for my/our specific problem, but I have to admit this is quite hidden. I did have to redefine the network sharing permissions for each folder.

I don't know if this is the solution you're looking for, but it suffices for my very basic needs.

yakbox, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Printer Sharing and Network credential access - Similar Threads - Printer Sharing Network

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  4. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  5. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  6. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Accessing shared '\\PCName\Users\Public' Prompts Network Credentials

Accessing shared '\\PCName\Users\Public' Prompts Network Credentials: This is a very strange annoyance. Whenever I initially try to access the public folder on a networked PC named 'WiRNS' from any other PC, I'm presented with this 'Network Credentials' prompt: [img] Note that it already says in red, "The user name or password is incorrect"...
  8. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Home Network and shared printer access problems: Hello, Have a Win 7 Home machine and a Win 10 machine. Win 10 can access some of the files (external HD) on my win 7 machine. Win 7 machine is NOT allowed into the win 10 machine for some reason. Each machine has its own printer (win 10 @ Cannon iP4700 series and designated...
  9. Network sharing asking for network credentials

Network sharing asking for network credentials: I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the...
  10. Network Share - Prompt for credentials

Network Share - Prompt for credentials: Hi, I have recently gotten a Windows 10 machine. In my network I have Windows 8.1 machine with shared folders, and several other Windows 8/7 laptops with access. All those computers (including Xbox One) can see my desktop share computer and folders + access to the content...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SETTING UP A USB PRINTER TO A NETWORK BUT I AM HAVING CREDENTIAL ISSUE