Windows 10: printer sharing

Discus and support printer sharing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to share printer from pc A to pc B, All sharing process has been followed on pc A, on pc B I am asked for credentials & password, what are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robert_464, Apr 19, 2021.

1. printer sharing

Trying to share printer from pc A to pc B, All sharing process has been followed on pc A,

on pc B I am asked for credentials & password, what are these ?

both pc's have windows 10, latest updates

both pc's have the Canon printer drivers

From searches I see that many others have the same problem & no one seems to have solved it.

how can I share my printer without cable swapping ?

please help

:)

robert_464, Apr 19, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Printer Sharing

Hi Bransby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Computer you are sharing from

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Find your printer

3. Right click on the printer

4. Select “Printer properties"

5. Click on the sharing tab

6. Check "sharing this printer"

7. Give the printer a Name

8. Click apply

Computer you are trying to share to:

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Check for printer the devices and printers.

3. if it is not there click "add printer"

4. If the printer does not show up click “The printer that i wanted wasn't list"

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 19, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

printer sharing

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

Thema:

printer sharing

1. printer sharing - Similar Threads - printer sharing

2. Windows 10 needs DNS Client for file and printer sharing WHY!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 needs DNS Client for file and printer sharing WHY!: Ok so I don't expect to get a reply from MS just posting because I'm mad about this.Lets get one thing clear you don't need DNS Client enabled for DNS to work and in win xp and 7 you could disable it and file and printer sharing would WORK! But no not win 10 even by...
  3. Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...

Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...: Hi there,I don't know why I can't enable file and printer sharing... pretty annoying. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-file-and-printer-sharing-in-year/99d40c2d-aa2b-4f46-b21e-786398b8284f
  4. Cannot connect to shared printer with error 0x0000052f

Cannot connect to shared printer with error 0x0000052f: A Ricoh C250dn W10 compatable printer is connected to my router and shared from my desktop W10 Pro 20H2 pc. The printer was connected to a Dell Win Pro 1909 laptop and printing until I upgraded my desktop from 1909 to 20H2 a couple yesterday. At that time the Dell laptop...
  5. Can share files/printers but can't "see" other computer on my network

Can share files/printers but can't "see" other computer on my network: When I click on "Network" in the Explorer, it doesn't show the other computer named "hostname" on my local ethernet network. However, if I enter "\\hostname" in the search bar, then the shared printers and files set for sharing show up and I can access them and print....
  6. How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10: Windows 10 is one of the series of operating systems developed by Microsoft. Network sharing and communication of one system with another has always been an element of great priority in Microsoft operating systems. Out of various sharing features, File and Printer Sharing is...
  7. shared network printer...impossible windows 10

shared network printer...impossible windows 10: Hi. I've just bought a new computer with W10 64 home edition 20H2. I used to have my old pc also with W10 64, connect with a shared printer which was usb connected to a W7 netbook with no problems at all. Now I have my new pc with W10 64 20H2 19042.804. I have my old pc...
  8. Network Shared Printer Installation Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Shared Printer Installation Error: Win 10 on two computers. HP Color Laser Jet CP l1215 is on the desktop. I want to install it on the network Laptop. It indicates that it is installed in the control panel printer list, but when I try to print with it I get an error message that a problem occurred. The...
  9. File and printer sharing broke after installing 20H2 update

File and printer sharing broke after installing 20H2 update: After installing the 20H2 update on my machine the other machines in our home network already had it installed my wife could no longer access the shared files and printer on my machine. I rechecked that printer sharing is still on and that the file sharing privileges on the...
  10. Cannot connect to my router, use printer, or use shared drive over wireless. Windows 10

Cannot connect to my router, use printer, or use shared drive over wireless. Windows 10: I have Windows 10. I am using an asus AC68R that is connected to my Internet modem. I have gone into optionalfeatures.exe and enabled SMB1 Same problem happens on EDGE and Chrome Edge Version 87.0.664.66 Official build 64-bit If DELL PC is directly plugged into the...