Windows 10: Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network

Discus and support Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Control panel shows two computers on my network. The one identified BRW008..... is my Brother wifi printer. The printer also shows correctly as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BHudgins58, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network

Control panel shows two computers on my network. The one identified BRW008..... is my Brother wifi printer.

The printer also shows correctly as a printer.

Why is this?

Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network 9b6737bd-25ea-40ce-b7da-ece236d06f8a?upload=true.jpg

:)

BHudgins58, Mar 5, 2020
  2. asus2016 Win User

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Printer will not connect to wifi network.

The printer was working fine until one day a WiFi Thermostat was installed. Since that day, if I attempt to get the printer to connect, it

disconnects the computer's WiFi and the printer connects and prints with the apps. If I re-enable the computer WiFi, the printer goes offline.

On the Internet Access popup (from the task bar), the printer is listed with the word "Open" and a warning about "People might be able to see data sent over this network".

It seems like a setup error but none of the troubleshooters are any help and neither is the printer setup options. Can you offer any suggestions?

regards,

andrew

OneAndrew9, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network

Canon printer wifi trouble

Set a static IP on the printer else each time it switches off and on may get different ip which may not function correctly
    Try
    Delete the Printer after setting static ip

Devices and printer
    >add printer
    >>Add local printer (not network even though on wifi)
    >>>Create new port - click standard Tcp/Ip
    >>>>enter ip address of printer that set before and any port name
    Select the printer driver from list

Try a test print to see if working then switch off and on and see if come back online

*66725-afb6e8cc8e67e4bb805a02c99165c983.jpg*

*66726-229a91b0c79f6b4bc0c7c78a49560e3f.jpg*
    *66727-318c2547253e90800c3d464fca382dbe.jpg*

If still stays offline ,Open printer in Devices and printer
    Click printer
    untick use offline
    turn printer off and On
    *66728-2b757782bdfeb90ce43b66b06f017701.jpg*

See if comes back online

Network Printer can either be set by Ip address or Printer network name
    Static ip always the best to set

SnakeDoctor, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network

1. Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network - Similar Threads - Printer shows computer

2. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  3. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  4. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI Network Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Network Not Showing: Some Time It Works When Restart Computer But For Limited Time ANd Also When I Trouble Shoot WIFI It Works For Limited Time What Is The Problem? How Can I FIx It? Getting Worse Every Day...
  6. WIFI Network Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI Network Not Showing: Some Time It Works When Restart Computer But For Limited Time ANd Also When I Trouble Shoot WIFI It Works For Limited Time What Is The Problem? How Can I FIx It? Getting Worse Every Day...
  7. Dell Computer isn’t showing WiFi Networks

Dell Computer isn’t showing WiFi Networks: I live in an apartment building and my Windows 10 Dell computer was working perfectly until this morning when it would no longer show the apartment WiFi. I know that the WiFi is not the issue because my phone is connecting no problem and so are all of my roommates devices on...
  8. Printer will not connect to wifi network.

Printer will not connect to wifi network.: The printer was working fine until one day a WiFi Thermostat was installed. Since that day, if I attempt to get the printer to connect, it disconnects the computer's WiFi and the printer connects and prints with the apps. If I re-enable the computer WiFi, the printer goes...
  9. Wifi Networks not showing

Wifi Networks not showing: On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar. Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection...
  10. network and printers not showing

network and printers not showing: We have recently updated our four work computers to windows 10. Mine shows none of the network computers or printers under network. Under printers it shows one of our four printers but says driver unavailable and the spooler is not working. I can get onto two of the other...