Windows 10: Printer Shows "Not Connected" Status but Prints

Discus and support Printer Shows "Not Connected" Status but Prints in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have three computers (two running 1909 and one running 2004) that print to a network-attached (wired) HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus. The web interface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SJMarty, Oct 25, 2020.

1. SJMarty Win User

Printer Shows "Not Connected" Status but Prints

I have three computers (two running 1909 and one running 2004) that print to a network-attached (wired) HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus. The web interface for the printer shows a "Ready" status and the computers are able to print. However, when I navigate to Settings | Devices | Printers & Scanners, the printer shows a "Not Connected" status.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Immediately following the installation/reinstallation of the drivers, the printer will show the correct status in Printers & Scanners. However, after a reboot, the printer will show "Not Connected" again. All three computers behave exactly the same way. The built-in Windows printing troubleshooter detects an issue but states it's not able to fix it.

At this point, it seems cosmetic but still annoying and I'd like to fix it. Any suggestions on what to try next?

:)

SJMarty, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

There is. Unfortunately the status doesnt showing anything. But I didnt know about this page. I tried printing a document from this page and it gave me a bit more of an error. Print service not responding.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Printer Shows "Not Connected" Status but Prints

Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Printer Shows "Not Connected" Status but Prints

1. Printer Shows "Not Connected" Status but Prints - Similar Threads - Printer Shows Connected

2. Printer connects but does not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer connects but does not print: I have printer which is totally working properly since yesterday but now it isnt. It is connected in the same WIFI and when you print it will just print a blank page. I check if there is any paper jam at all and also disconnects and re connects the printer. I even tried on...
  3. Printer connects but does not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer connects but does not print: I have printer which is totally working properly since yesterday but now it isnt. It is connected in the same WIFI and when you print it will just print a blank page. I check if there is any paper jam at all and also disconnects and re connects the printer. I even tried on...
  4. Printer connects but does not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. printer status

printer status: windows 10 on laptop recognizes my printer, however, says "printer status is offline". USB laptop to printer and power laptop and printer turned on. How do I change status to online please....
  6. printer status

printer status: printer status denial unable to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/967a71f3-8528-4814-9906-4977b7cadcb7
  7. Printer will not connect to computer-will not print

Printer will not connect to computer-will not print: I am unable to get my computer to connect to the printer. I have tried everything they had listed to try. Is there someone that can suggest a fix?...
  8. Printer status ONLINE but will not print.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer status ONLINE but will not print.: Canon printer installed properly. It is set up without issue. Spent hours on the phone with Canon support to confirm printer is not the problem. Have updated drivers, uninstalled and re-installed printer. Still, every time I try to print a test page or anything, I get an...
  9. printer status

printer status: My printer is in an idle status. How do I make it active? It prints a WIndows Printer Test Page! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/e6255a3b-c427-4eec-88ab-6062bd1fb16e
  10. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer': We have a Windows Server 2012 R@ Datacenter 64-bit and as a part we installed print server services. After a successful print the job remains in the print queue with the status of Sent to Printer. I can manually delete the print job from the queue or stop the print...