Windows 10: printer shows offline

Discus and support printer shows offline in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pudge1957, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Pudge1957 Win User

printer shows offline

I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline

:)

Pudge1957, Apr 27, 2022
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    HP Printer shows Offline

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your HP printer is offline. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows) and see if that helps.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems and
    Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”.

Let us know how it goes, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Zaki_j Win User

printer shows offline

HP OfficeJet 8700 shows offline

Hi RickJacobs3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

Method 1:

I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Method 2:

I suggest you refer to the article
    Resolving Printer Offline problem using the HP Print and Scan Doctor and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see
    if that helps.

Additional Information:

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

printer shows offline

1. printer shows offline - Similar Threads - printer shows offline

2. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer shows offline: My HP M29 printer shows status as "offline" or "not connected". It is the default printer on my laptop and is connected wirelessly to the network. When I try to print, I can see that there is a document in the queue, but it will not print automatically. If I run the...
  3. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer shows offline: My HP M29 printer shows status as "offline" or "not connected". It is the default printer on my laptop and is connected wirelessly to the network. When I try to print, I can see that there is a document in the queue, but it will not print automatically. If I run the...
  4. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My printer shows offline

My printer shows offline: My HP printer is showing offline , it's not even turning on. It's working fine yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-shows-offline/ac38e10c-192a-437c-a722-6f217645d80c
  6. printer shows offline

printer shows offline: I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shows-offline/4150f42d-8fe3-41c4-96b8-35effa68415e
  7. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer shows offline: I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shows-offline/4150f42d-8fe3-41c4-96b8-35effa68415e
  8. Printer offline Wifi not showing

Printer offline Wifi not showing: This is a bit of a headscratcher for me - my office desktop Dell Optiplex 7010 has been set up for nearly a year and it was smooth sailing to this point. After I came back from lunch today it couldn't find our wifi network anymore. It does pick up all the others around us...

my printer shows it is offline: my HP network printer status shows as offline - how fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-shows-it-is-offline/7c86995d-6021-44f7-ad9f-66d82c2c799d
  10. printer shows "offline"

printer shows "offline": when we want to print, we hit PRINT but a note comes up as "Printer OFFLINE". We then hit TROUBLESHOOTER and it will print whatever we had set up to print. However, the next time we want to print we have to go through the TROUBLESHOOTER to print anything. This happened...