Windows 10: Printer Software & Win 10

Discus and support Printer Software & Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I spoke to Hewlett Packard UK this morning and asked them if my particular printer model would work under Win 10, and were they ready for the change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elbmek, Jun 3, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

Printer Software & Win 10

I spoke to Hewlett Packard UK this morning and asked them if my particular printer model would work under Win 10, and were they ready for the change.

They asked my what OS I was using, so I said 8.1 home on my pc, and 8.1 pro on my laptop, all up to date.

They replied that there was no reason why the printer should not work but to watch out for updates anyway!! *sarc

:)

elbmek, Jun 3, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

Setting up a Thermal Printer

What model printer? Not all older printers will work on windows 10. You need windows 10 drivers and software not those that came with the printer. Check with the manufacturer to see if drivers & software for win 10 are available. If not available you cannot
    use the printer. No need to setup ports with windows 10. Just connect the printer and install the drivers. Use the printer's software to make settings changes.

mlg63, Jun 3, 2015
  3. AlfieBird Win User
    Printer Out of Order

Printer showing 'in error' following Win 10 update on 23 Sept.

Have tried uninstalling & reinstalling printer software, Windows doesn't want to know.

HELP!!!!!!!

AlfieBird, Jun 3, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Why don't you load the preview now, and see if your printer works?

Dude, Jun 3, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    The driver for printers that work in Windows 8/8.1 should work in Windows 10. Actually you don't even need to run the setup from the vendor software disk which most of the times they add extra junks to the package. Here's how to add a printer:
    • Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a printer
    • Windows will automatically search for your printer & Model
    • If it does not find it, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    • On next screen, select the appropriate choice ie. Local Printer/Network Printer etc...
    • Click Next->Next. You'll get a list of printers to choose from.
    • If still not on the list. Click Windows Update and wait for an update list. Your printer should be listed
    • Hi lite it and click next to install the driver.

NOTE: Install the driver this way will ensure that it works with Windows 10 and it is up-to-date.

topgundcp, Jun 4, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    I don't disagree, however sometimes there are features that aren't available with the drivers that come through Windows Update, such as being able to view ink levels, etc. I'm not sure whether this is still the case with printers that have their own LCD displays now though.

ARC1020, Jun 4, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    In my case, I have a Brother 4040-HL color Printer and it does have the LCD display. However, the installed driver for this printer will also have a popup message about the ink level as It ran out of Black toner.

topgundcp, Jun 4, 2015
  8. JohnC Win User

I have three HP printers that I have been using with W10. An Officejet 6000 and a Officejet 6230 set up as local printers and an Envy set up as a network printer (mostly for my ipad). I haven't had any problems with printing or when I installed them.

JohnC, Jun 4, 2015
  9. elbmek Win User
    Mine is an HP Photosmart 5520 all in one on wireless. I did have probs with drivers at one stage, and HP came 'down the tubes' and fixed it. Cant recall what the problem was now but used the 'controls' in the control panel twice to no effect before calling them. Regarding using 10 preview, I was under the impression that that was a sort of video. To be fair, I have not read all that much in here having only been here a few, and also busy elsewhere. Is preview a stand alone.

elbmek, Jun 4, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    Network/Wireless printers are very convenient. Once you have your wireless printer set up on your home network, it takes less than 30 seconds to install it on any PC. At least for the entry-level Epson XP-310 wireless printer that I have. The driver file is stored on the printer itself. So, when you select the detected printer on your network, it provides the necessary driver for installation.

This video shows you how simple it is to add a printer on any PC on your network. I did this on a leaked 10135 build.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer Software & Win 10 - Similar Threads - Printer Software

2. I cannot install Canon printer software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install Canon printer software: New Canon printer. I cannot install Canon TS5350i printer software - drivers installed ok so I can print a document but I need the software to be able to scan and do updates. When I try to download the software from Canon's website as part of the set-up procedure I get an...
  3. I cannot install Canon printer software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install Canon printer software: New Canon printer. I cannot install Canon TS5350i printer software - drivers installed ok so I can print a document but I need the software to be able to scan and do updates. When I try to download the software from Canon's website as part of the set-up procedure I get an...
  4. I cannot install Canon printer software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. installing printer driver/software issue - Windows 11 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing printer driver/software issue - Windows 11 Home in S mode: Trying to install driver/software for Brother MFC-L2700DW printer, but a pop-up window is blocking me, telling me to go to the windows app store. I have Windows 11 Home in S Mode. Help?...
  6. installing printer driver/software issue - Windows 11 Home in S mode

installing printer driver/software issue - Windows 11 Home in S mode: Trying to install driver/software for Brother MFC-L2700DW printer, but a pop-up window is blocking me, telling me to go to the windows app store. I have Windows 11 Home in S Mode. Help?...
  7. why can't i download software for my hp officejet pro 8600 printer?

why can't i download software for my hp officejet pro 8600 printer?: why can't i download hp software and driver for my priter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-software-for-my-hp-officejet/9c1ece66-df20-4fe0-95d7-e72821d41f95
  8. why can't i download software for my hp officejet pro 8600 printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i download software for my hp officejet pro 8600 printer?: why can't i download hp software and driver for my priter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-software-for-my-hp-officejet/9c1ece66-df20-4fe0-95d7-e72821d41f95
  9. why can't i download software for my hp officejet pro 8600 printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. how do I get the software to download for a hp officejet printer

how do I get the software to download for a hp officejet printer: how do i get the software for a hg officejet 8020e to download . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-software-to-download-for-a-hp/817de0bf-c5bb-4fdd-9e17-a7bf22711ccd