Windows 10: Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903

Discus and support Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Printer Spooler was automatically turned off when installing Windows Update 1903. I tried a series of troubleshooting, the solving was not succeed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZenusPCTechnician, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903

Printer Spooler was automatically turned off when installing Windows Update 1903. I tried a series of troubleshooting, the solving was not succeed. Windows Update 1903 was uninstalled, the printer spooler resume and working properly. Is there any solution that can solve this issue so I can use the printer after the Windows Update 1903 has been installed?

:)

ZenusPCTechnician, Sep 28, 2019

2. Printer Spooler running but not found by Add printer

Hi Trey,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with connecting the printer, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to successfully restart the Print Spooler Service?
    • How have you connected the printer to your device?
    • What is the make and model of your printer device?
    • Are you trying to print any PDF file via Adobe PDF ?

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer drivers and check.

Steps to remove printer drivers from Device manager:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in Run window to open
      Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.
    Try to install the right drivers for the Printer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Also, I suggest you to refer to the below article about “Fix
    printer problems
    ” and check if it helps:

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Printer Spooler Service will not start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the methods given below to resolve this issue:

Method 1:

Delete the pending files in printer folder and check:

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press enter.
    • In the Services listed stop the Print Spooler service.
    • In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS.
    C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

• Click on Continue or Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.
    • Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, and then close Windows Explorer. Note: DO NOT DELETE the PRINTERS folder itself. Only delete its contents.

Open Services, and start the Print Spooler service.

Method 2:

Let's start the all the dependencies service for the printer spooler service. Follow the steps provided.

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press ENTER.
    • Scroll down toPrint spooler.
    • Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies”
    • Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close thePrint Spooler Properties window.

If any of the dependent services are missing or cannot be started, try uninstalling all installed printer drivers and then reinstalling them.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the latest driver for the printers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps. You can also refer to the article mentioned below if the issue persists.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 4:

You may also try to temporarily disable security software from the computer and try to print. If you are able to print, you may contact the security software Manufacturer and check if you need to change any settings

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you do have
    to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903

HP Printers will not scan or copy

Hi Diane,

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check.

I would recommend you to check if the printer spooler is running on Windows background. If the printer spooler is not running on Windows background, try to starting the printer spooler manually and check.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press enter.

• Locate for Printer spooler, right click on it and click on start.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903

1. Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903 - Similar Threads - Printer Spooler Update

2. Printer Spooler is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Spooler is corrupted: I have upgraded to Windows 11 on a Dell tower. I replaced an old printer with an HP laser 1001 printer. This works fine with other computers in the house. However on the Dell, the printer connects but the print spooler doesn't work so I can't print anything. I have tried...
  3. Printer Spooler Stops running after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Spooler Stops running after update: Hello,I am having an issue with the printer spooler. After updating windows 10, the printer spooler stops running. This has been happening for a couple of years now, and what we had done is to go back to an earlier version. Now windows wants to update every other day. After...
  4. Windows 10 Updates: Broken Printer Spooler

Windows 10 Updates: Broken Printer Spooler: There has been a lot of earlier discussion over the past year about the broken printer spooler problem caused by Windows 10 updates. Despite the inclusion by Microsoft of apparent fixes for the issue, I'm still experiencing this issue with Windows Build 20H2. At the moment,...
  5. Printer Spooler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer Spooler: For the past month My printer has stopped working sometime around a mid June update from windows.. When is the problem going to be addressed and FIXED!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/7f0be447-483b-43d1-a823-2b4be64fb567
  6. Printer spooler defective?

Printer spooler defective?: Hey, guys, when I print something, the spooler says "Printed". However, the printer did nothing. The printer worked fine for several years, I didn't change anything, and now nothing comes out. I have already reinstalled drivers, restarted the spooler and reset the printer....
  7. printer spooler error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer spooler error: I have a printer spooler error, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler-error/1bd87395-dfde-4641-bc36-89a2e3a81ce3
  8. Printer Spooler is not running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printer Spooler is not running: every time i restart my PC the printer spool service is always turned off so i have to manually start it back up again. What do i do to make the printer spool service always turned on? submitted by /u/HondaFitEXL [link] [comments]...
  9. Printer Spooler

Printer Spooler: My printer spooler simply will not start on Windows 10. I have hit the window + R buttons, then clicks start for the printer spooler (because it said the the status is "stopped". At this point, this is what popped up. I am 100% lost - what can / should I do. [ATTACH]...
  10. Printer spooler

Printer spooler: Printer spooler system is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/c64e5600-b714-4b33-8f17-0a931f2b8cb0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 printers dont show until reboot