Windows 10: Printer Spooler is not running

Discus and support Printer Spooler is not running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; every time i restart my PC the printer spool service is always turned off so i have to manually start it back up again. What do i do to make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HondaFitEXL, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Printer Spooler is not running

every time i restart my PC the printer spool service is always turned off so i have to manually start it back up again. What do i do to make the printer spool service always turned on?

submitted by /u/HondaFitEXL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HondaFitEXL, Feb 24, 2020

2. Printer Spooler running but not found by Add printer

Hi Trey,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with connecting the printer, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to successfully restart the Print Spooler Service?
    • How have you connected the printer to your device?
    • What is the make and model of your printer device?
    • Are you trying to print any PDF file via Adobe PDF ?

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer drivers and check.

Steps to remove printer drivers from Device manager:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in Run window to open
      Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.
    Try to install the right drivers for the Printer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Also, I suggest you to refer to the below article about “Fix
    printer problems
    ” and check if it helps:

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Printer Spooler running but not found by Add printer

I am trying to add Adobe PDF as a printer on my system. I thought that maybe the Spooler wasn't running so i went to the services.msc. Once there I found that it was running. So I tried restarting it. For some reason, I still cant pull up the "Add Printer"
    function. It begins searching for printers then shows a message stating "Windows cant open add printer - The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine".

I have tried both of these. Any suggestions?

TreyBarton, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Printer Spooler is not running

Printer spoolers not functioning

I have tried that; all that happens is the printer troubleshooter hangs on "Detecting Problems; checking for spooler service errors. . . . ". This goes on for hours without resolving anything.

W MICHAEL and MARCIABIKLEN, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Printer Spooler is not running

1. Printer Spooler is not running - Similar Threads - Printer Spooler running

2. Printer Spooler is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Spooler is corrupted: I have upgraded to Windows 11 on a Dell tower. I replaced an old printer with an HP laser 1001 printer. This works fine with other computers in the house. However on the Dell, the printer connects but the print spooler doesn't work so I can't print anything. I have tried...
  3. Printer Spooler is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Spooler is corrupted: I have upgraded to Windows 11 on a Dell tower. I replaced an old printer with an HP laser 1001 printer. This works fine with other computers in the house. However on the Dell, the printer connects but the print spooler doesn't work so I can't print anything. I have tried...
  4. Printer Spooler Stops running after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Spooler Stops running after update: Hello,I am having an issue with the printer spooler. After updating windows 10, the printer spooler stops running. This has been happening for a couple of years now, and what we had done is to go back to an earlier version. Now windows wants to update every other day. After...
  5. Printer Spooler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer Spooler: For the past month My printer has stopped working sometime around a mid June update from windows.. When is the problem going to be addressed and FIXED!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/7f0be447-483b-43d1-a823-2b4be64fb567
  6. Printer spooler defective?

Printer spooler defective?: Hey, guys, when I print something, the spooler says "Printed". However, the printer did nothing. The printer worked fine for several years, I didn't change anything, and now nothing comes out. I have already reinstalled drivers, restarted the spooler and reset the printer....
  7. printer spooler error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer spooler error: I have a printer spooler error, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler-error/1bd87395-dfde-4641-bc36-89a2e3a81ce3
  8. The printer spooler will not run

in Windows 10 Customization
    The printer spooler will not run: After I have done msconfig, it is ok to open printer spooler again, but after installing Acrobat, the failure will be indicated when the installation is finished. Opening printer spooler indicates that there is no star, Error shows 0x8007005. How can I keep the printer...
  9. Printer Spooler

Printer Spooler: My printer spooler simply will not start on Windows 10. I have hit the window + R buttons, then clicks start for the printer spooler (because it said the the status is "stopped". At this point, this is what popped up. I am 100% lost - what can / should I do. [ATTACH]...
  10. Printer spooler

Printer spooler: Printer spooler system is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/c64e5600-b714-4b33-8f17-0a931f2b8cb0