Windows 10: Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working

Discus and support Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Day after Windows 10 / 2004 update, printer did not work. The service program says that everything, i.e., spoolsv, is running o.k. But apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WayneMcCalla, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working

Day after Windows 10 / 2004 update, printer did not work. The service program says that everything, i.e., spoolsv, is running o.k. But apparently the program continues to crash, with no explanation.

Have done Avast and Microsoft latest virus scans and this turns out to be negative.

Any suggestions?

:)

WayneMcCalla, Jun 15, 2020

2. Printer Spooler Service will not start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the methods given below to resolve this issue:

Method 1:

Delete the pending files in printer folder and check:

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press enter.
    • In the Services listed stop the Print Spooler service.
    • In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS.
    C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

• Click on Continue or Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.
    • Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, and then close Windows Explorer. Note: DO NOT DELETE the PRINTERS folder itself. Only delete its contents.

Open Services, and start the Print Spooler service.

Method 2:

Let's start the all the dependencies service for the printer spooler service. Follow the steps provided.

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press ENTER.
    • Scroll down toPrint spooler.
    • Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies”
    • Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close thePrint Spooler Properties window.

If any of the dependent services are missing or cannot be started, try uninstalling all installed printer drivers and then reinstalling them.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the latest driver for the printers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps. You can also refer to the article mentioned below if the issue persists.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 4:

You may also try to temporarily disable security software from the computer and try to print. If you are able to print, you may contact the security software Manufacturer and check if you need to change any settings

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you do have
    to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Printer Spooler Service stops after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + letter 'R.'
    • Type "Services.msc" and hit OK.
    • Locate "Print Spooler" service.
    • Right click and select properties.
    • Stop the service.
    • Go to the "Recovery tab."
    • Set the "First Failure" and "Second Failure" to "Restart the Service."
    • From the Dependencies tab, ensure that RPC is turned on.
    • Apply changes.
    • Delete all the Print Job from C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers.
    • Press Windows key + letter 'R.'
    • Type "Services.msc" and hit OK.
    • Locate "Print Spooler" service.
    • Right click and select properties.
    • Start the service.
    • Apply changes and hit OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working

Windows 10 printer works only after suspend cycle

Try these steps.

Step 1: Clear all jobs from a print queue.

1. Click on start button, type services and press enter.
    2. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
    3. Now again click on start button, type C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS and press enter.
    4. Delete all the files in PRINTERS folder.
    5. Go Services window Right-click Print Spooler and select Start.
    6. Now check if you can print.

Step 2: Check the Spooler service on the desktop:

It appears to me that the Printer Spooler service is not starting on the desktop when you send a print job to the desktop. When you print from your Computer, check the status print spooler service, before restarting the desktop. If it’s started, stop and restart the same follow the steps:

1. Click Start, type services.msc and hit Enter.
    2. Look for the Print spooler.
    3. Restart the print spooler service.

Also make sure that the service is set to Automatic:
    a.     Right click on service and click on Printer spooler service and click on Properties.
    b.     Under the startup type, set it to ‘Automatic’.
    c. click recovery options and make sure its set to always restart on errors

Step 3: Disable Bidirectional printing:

It could also be possible that you are having issues with bidirectional printing. Disable bidirectional printing and check if you have the same issue:
    If you encounter a problem with bidirectional printing, disable bidirectional printing and resend your print job.

To disable bidirectional printing, do the following:

1. Click Start, and search for Devices click Printers.
    2. Right-click the printer, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Ports tab, clear enable bidirectional support checkbox, and then click OK.

NetworkKingPin, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working

1. Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working - Similar Threads - Printer spooler service

2. Printer Spooler is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Spooler is corrupted: I have upgraded to Windows 11 on a Dell tower. I replaced an old printer with an HP laser 1001 printer. This works fine with other computers in the house. However on the Dell, the printer connects but the print spooler doesn't work so I can't print anything. I have tried...
  3. printer spooler service stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer spooler service stops: Why does printer spooler service stop when installing printer drivers? This causes driver install to fail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler-service-stops/f16d0199-94b7-4da4-9a35-58dde3553eb7
  4. Printer Spooler service renamed to just Spooler service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer Spooler service renamed to just Spooler service: We have a Windows 10 computer that is unable to print as the Print Spooler service is not running and will not start. When I look in Services, I see that the Printer Spooler service is renamed to just Spooler service. Any suggestions on how this could have happened? Is...
  5. Printer Spooler

Printer Spooler: For the past month My printer has stopped working sometime around a mid June update from windows.. When is the problem going to be addressed and FIXED!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/7f0be447-483b-43d1-a823-2b4be64fb567
  6. Printer spooler defective?

Printer spooler defective?: Hey, guys, when I print something, the spooler says "Printed". However, the printer did nothing. The printer worked fine for several years, I didn't change anything, and now nothing comes out. I have already reinstalled drivers, restarted the spooler and reset the printer....
  7. printer spooler error

printer spooler error: I have a printer spooler error, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler-error/1bd87395-dfde-4641-bc36-89a2e3a81ce3
  8. Printer Spooler

Printer Spooler: My printer spooler simply will not start on Windows 10. I have hit the window + R buttons, then clicks start for the printer spooler (because it said the the status is "stopped". At this point, this is what popped up. I am 100% lost - what can / should I do. [ATTACH]...
  9. Printer spooler

Printer spooler: Printer spooler system is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/c64e5600-b714-4b33-8f17-0a931f2b8cb0
  10. printer spooler dont work!

printer spooler dont work!: i was trying to add a printer and i had the message that the printer spooler dont work! i tried 3 different ways manually via command prompt and via windows devices system and force start automatically but nothing. it cant start. some messages i got trying to fix it it was...