Windows 10: printer spooler service stops

Discus and support printer spooler service stops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does printer spooler service stop when installing printer drivers? This causes driver install to fail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesMerrick, Jun 1, 2021.

1. printer spooler service stops

Why does printer spooler service stop when installing printer drivers? This causes driver install to fail.

:)

JamesMerrick, Jun 1, 2021
  2. bro67 Win User

Print Spooler Service Stopping

Drugged up on Pain Med's, exhausted from barely any sleep for four days and trying to type on a iPhnone. The USB driver and queue can end up stalling. Have you checked the print queue to see if there are jobs stalled or in the Print Spooler folder? Also grab the Process Explorer by Sysinternals from Microsoft.com. It will allow you to see the Sub Process, especially under the System process. See the following:

Clear Printer Spooler Files

• Click Start, type Services.msc in Search box or Click WIN+Q, type “Services.msc” in the open box.
    • Services can be found under Computer Management on older operation system (Windows XP)
    • Double-click Printer Spooler in the list.
    • Click Stop and click OK.
    • Open C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.

I cannot find the tutorial, this is a more extensive way to check Print spooler stopping automatically on Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1 windowstricks.in

bro67, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Printer Spooler Service stops after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + letter 'R.'
    • Type "Services.msc" and hit OK.
    • Locate "Print Spooler" service.
    • Right click and select properties.
    • Stop the service.
    • Go to the "Recovery tab."
    • Set the "First Failure" and "Second Failure" to "Restart the Service."
    • From the Dependencies tab, ensure that RPC is turned on.
    • Apply changes.
    • Delete all the Print Job from C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers.
    • Press Windows key + letter 'R.'
    • Type "Services.msc" and hit OK.
    • Locate "Print Spooler" service.
    • Right click and select properties.
    • Start the service.
    • Apply changes and hit OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Jun 1, 2021
  4. printer spooler service stops

Printer Spooler Service will not start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the methods given below to resolve this issue:

Method 1:

Delete the pending files in printer folder and check:

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press enter.
    • In the Services listed stop the Print Spooler service.
    • In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS.
    C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

• Click on Continue or Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.
    • Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, and then close Windows Explorer. Note: DO NOT DELETE the PRINTERS folder itself. Only delete its contents.

Open Services, and start the Print Spooler service.

Method 2:

Let's start the all the dependencies service for the printer spooler service. Follow the steps provided.

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press ENTER.
    • Scroll down toPrint spooler.
    • Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies”
    • Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close thePrint Spooler Properties window.

If any of the dependent services are missing or cannot be started, try uninstalling all installed printer drivers and then reinstalling them.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the latest driver for the printers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps. You can also refer to the article mentioned below if the issue persists.

Fix printer problems

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Method 4:

You may also try to temporarily disable security software from the computer and try to print. If you are able to print, you may contact the security software Manufacturer and check if you need to change any settings

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you do have
    to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

printer spooler service stops

1. printer spooler service stops - Similar Threads - printer spooler service

2. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  3. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  4. Printer Spooler Stops running after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Spooler Stops running after update: Hello,I am having an issue with the printer spooler. After updating windows 10, the printer spooler stops running. This has been happening for a couple of years now, and what we had done is to go back to an earlier version. Now windows wants to update every other day. After...
  5. Printer Spooler service renamed to just Spooler service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer Spooler service renamed to just Spooler service: We have a Windows 10 computer that is unable to print as the Print Spooler service is not running and will not start. When I look in Services, I see that the Printer Spooler service is renamed to just Spooler service. Any suggestions on how this could have happened? Is...
  6. Printer Spooler

Printer Spooler: For the past month My printer has stopped working sometime around a mid June update from windows.. When is the problem going to be addressed and FIXED!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/7f0be447-483b-43d1-a823-2b4be64fb567
  7. Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working

Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working: Day after Windows 10 / 2004 update, printer did not work. The service program says that everything, i.e., spoolsv, is running o.k. But apparently the program continues to crash, with no explanation. Have done Avast and Microsoft latest virus scans and this turns out to...
  8. Printer Spooler

Printer Spooler: My printer spooler simply will not start on Windows 10. I have hit the window + R buttons, then clicks start for the printer spooler (because it said the the status is "stopped". At this point, this is what popped up. I am 100% lost - what can / should I do. [ATTACH]...
  9. Printer spooler

Printer spooler: Printer spooler system is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/c64e5600-b714-4b33-8f17-0a931f2b8cb0
  10. Print Spooler Service Stopping

Print Spooler Service Stopping: What can I do to keep the print spooler service from stopping all the time ? I have to restart it almost daily. Thanks in advance for assistance. 70050