Windows 10: Printer Spooler

Discus and support Printer Spooler in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer spooler simply will not start on Windows 10. I have hit the window + R buttons, then clicks start for the printer spooler (because it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnnyJones43, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Printer Spooler

My printer spooler simply will not start on Windows 10. I have hit the window + R buttons, then clicks start for the printer spooler (because it said the the status is "stopped". At this point, this is what popped up. I am 100% lost - what can / should I do.

Printer Spooler 8e23be33-9ad8-48f0-b0c3-049d804dac92?upload=true.jpg

:)

JohnnyJones43, Nov 5, 2019

2. Printer spoolers not functioning

I have tried that; all that happens is the printer troubleshooter hangs on "Detecting Problems; checking for spooler service errors. . . . ". This goes on for hours without resolving anything.

W MICHAEL and MARCIABIKLEN, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Printer spoolers not functioning

I tried this; the Printer Troubleshooter simply continues "Detecting problems; Checking for Spooler service errors. . . . ". And continues for hours with nothing more happening. In addition, none of my productivity programs work because they can't find
    a printer.

W MICHAEL and MARCIABIKLEN, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Printer Spooler

Printer Spooler Service will not start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the methods given below to resolve this issue:

Method 1:

Delete the pending files in printer folder and check:

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press enter.
    • In the Services listed stop the Print Spooler service.
    • In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS.
    C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

• Click on Continue or Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.
    • Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, and then close Windows Explorer. Note: DO NOT DELETE the PRINTERS folder itself. Only delete its contents.

Open Services, and start the Print Spooler service.

Method 2:

Let's start the all the dependencies service for the printer spooler service. Follow the steps provided.

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press ENTER.
    • Scroll down toPrint spooler.
    • Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies”
    • Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close thePrint Spooler Properties window.

If any of the dependent services are missing or cannot be started, try uninstalling all installed printer drivers and then reinstalling them.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the latest driver for the printers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps. You can also refer to the article mentioned below if the issue persists.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 4:

You may also try to temporarily disable security software from the computer and try to print. If you are able to print, you may contact the security software Manufacturer and check if you need to change any settings

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you do have
    to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Printer Spooler

1. Printer Spooler - Similar Threads - Printer Spooler

2. How to keep my printer spooler on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep my printer spooler on: I seem to have recently come across an interesting problem on my computer.Recently, my computer has not been printing the images that I want. I am fully able to connect to my printer and am able to print test pages. I have all the drivers updated, the wifi is connected to the...
  3. How to keep my printer spooler on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep my printer spooler on: I seem to have recently come across an interesting problem on my computer.Recently, my computer has not been printing the images that I want. I am fully able to connect to my printer and am able to print test pages. I have all the drivers updated, the wifi is connected to the...
  4. windows 11 print spooler crashes anytime I try to do anything with printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 print spooler crashes anytime I try to do anything with printers: New Windows 11 install. No printers installed yet. Cannot install a printer because when I try to the print spooler immediately crashes. I've run DISM and SFC repair tools to no avail.It would be nice to be able to print, is there an alternative print spooler I can use or a...
  5. windows 11 print spooler crashes anytime I try to do anything with printers

windows 11 print spooler crashes anytime I try to do anything with printers: New Windows 11 install. No printers installed yet. Cannot install a printer because when I try to the print spooler immediately crashes. I've run DISM and SFC repair tools to no avail.It would be nice to be able to print, is there an alternative print spooler I can use or a...
  6. KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues: It looks like after KB5028166 was installed a bunch of computers freeze what ever application is trying to print. If you stop the printer spool service the dialog comes up but obviously you aren't able to see the printers. If the spooler is running, cannot open devices and...
  7. KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues

KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues: It looks like after KB5028166 was installed a bunch of computers freeze what ever application is trying to print. If you stop the printer spool service the dialog comes up but obviously you aren't able to see the printers. If the spooler is running, cannot open devices and...
  8. KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Document stuck in "Open queue" - Printer Spooler

Document stuck in "Open queue" - Printer Spooler: Hello,I have document which stuck in printer open queue. i tried folliowing1. stop printer spooler from services.msc2. delete files from "C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS"3. start printer spooler from services.mscBut this not helped as nothing showing inside of PRINTERS...
  10. Document stuck in "Open queue" - Printer Spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Document stuck in "Open queue" - Printer Spooler: Hello,I have document which stuck in printer open queue. i tried folliowing1. stop printer spooler from services.msc2. delete files from "C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS"3. start printer spooler from services.mscBut this not helped as nothing showing inside of PRINTERS...