Windows 10: Printer spooling problems after updates

Discus and support Printer spooling problems after updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The June updates have been giving me printing problems. I've tried to fix it, but to no avail. I have Windows 10 1909. June 19, I ended up installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MohammedButt, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Printer spooling problems after updates

The June updates have been giving me printing problems. I've tried to fix it, but to no avail.

I have Windows 10 1909. June 19, I ended up installing Cumulative Update KB4560960. The following day, I couldn't print anything. Print documents would partially load in the printer queue then the spooler would end without printing the file. I uninstalled the CU and I could print just fine.

On June 22, Microsoft pushed two updates KB4559309 Edge Chromium and KB4497165 Intel update onto my computer. I didn't restart or installed either. The next day, I couldn't print again. Again, the file would queue up, but the spooler closes without printer output.

I tried to uninstall KB4497165, but this did not fix the problem.

I've seen in another MS questions, and in news articles that KB4567523 may fix the problem Edge Chromium problem. I got “Update is not applicable to your computer”.

I've tried KB4567512 which is supposed to fix CU KB4560960. It didn't fix it either. I uninstalled the KB4567512 fix, but now have CU KB4560960, and I can not uninstall this either.

So I have Edge update KB4559309 and it seems to have made it so I can't print. I also have CU KB4560960, the first printer breaker.

:)

MohammedButt, Jun 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 28, 2020
  4. pappo46 Win User

Printer spooling problems after updates

Print Spooler Service Stopping

I followed the steps you listed. When I opened C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, it was empty.

pappo46, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Printer spooling problems after updates

1. Printer spooling problems after updates - Similar Threads - Printer spooling problems

2. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  3. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  4. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Spooling problem

Spooling problem: I have a spooling problem where if I try to print more than on document, the fist printed document will not delete off the spooler so he second, third etc will wait minutes before printing off, anybody know how to fix this? It happens no matter what printer I try and use....
  6. Printer spooling problems after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer spooling problems after updates: The June updates have been giving me printing problems. I've tried to fix it, but to no avail. I have Windows 10 1909. June 19, I ended up installing Cumulative Update KB4560960. The following day, I couldn't print anything. Print documents would partially load in the...
  7. printer spooling and crashes publisher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer spooling and crashes publisher: hi everyone any ideas appreciated On wednesday 17th my xps15 suddenly stopped printing only certain publisher files to my canon ix6850 printer, says spooling and crashes publisher after about 3 hours I noticed the update and rolled it back and then printers all worked...
  8. printer spooling fix after 2004 upodate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer spooling fix after 2004 upodate: KB4567523 Please explain in simple steps how to apply the printer spooling fix KB4567523 when I open the file it says the update is not applicable to your computer ; I removed the latest windows update when my printer stopped working, do I need to reinstall it before loading...
  9. Printer Spooling

Printer Spooling: Printer spooling way too long on my Epson ET 2750. Takes 20 minutes to print 3 or 4 pages. This only started about 3 weeks ago. Epson support said it was a Microsoft 10 issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Epson software and the problem still exists....
  10. spooling to wifi printer

spooling to wifi printer: I have windows10 and there is a delay when I attempt to print from WORD or ADOBE. The print queue shows "Printing" but then shows error printer can't be found. I' m connected. After turning the printer off then back on the doc prints. Where's the lost interrupt I need to...